Comments on Updated TOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What, exactly, do you retain copyright privileges to? Does that ostensibly include my images?

The copyright notice is posted at the bottom of every page:

© 2000-2012 All content is copyrighted to ScubaBoard.com, except for the Photo Gallery and under prior arrangements.​

That means "yes."

Actually... that means. No

ScubaBoard does not assert copyright over the photographs posted, unless arrangements are made that state otherwise.

hi, I am having trouble as most of my communication settings are not enabled. How do I see threads, post threads, and generally access information so I can ask where folks have been diving :)

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 06:12 PM ----------

oh, I updated my profile after ya'll sent me the birthday email, and then I received the return email that as a "guardian" I was being notified that my account had been updated. I did get my 20yr old certified when she was 11 and took her to Belize on a liveaboard yacht (Agressor Fleet) it was a blast. I haven't been on the site much, but last I remember this was a problem at the outset as I didn't put in my birthday year, I put in 00 and the system interpreted that as I wasn't even 1 yr old and since then I have been having this mixup. Thanks for your help
Dianne Rust (you can find my company on the internet at healingthroughtouchmassage.com and review who we are.

Thanks for re-posting the TOS. If only everyone were this civilized.

Its too bad the "other dive website forum" doesn't have a similar policy. Not only do they allow members to call each other egregiously offensive names (swearwords) but if a post is flagged as violating TOS, they don't remove anything, they just close the thread and allow the bullying and offensive comments to remain. They really don't care if a poster has posted an excessively damaging post about another member or business, and they don't respond to direct contact through email either. Its like no one is moderating their forums at all.

I'm sorry but I don't buy this whole switching between being just a poster and being a moderator. That reminds me of some horrible fraternizing in the military where one moment someone would be all chummy with someone but the next moment they would put on rank. It just doesn't work that way and eventually people know that they cant' really speak freely because you just don't know when Mr Hyde will come back out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom