Comments about Isla Marisol, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaosReid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Homing in on Placencia/Isla Marisol for April 2013 full moon dates. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone staying on the atoll recently. We were comparing with Roberts Grove, for a day or two of whalesharking, access to other diving (since it's all about the diving!), boat times to Gladden Spit from both locations... Best for general diving with access to whaleshark waters, of course, is "all" we're looking for! Thanks for any feedback.

I'm not surprised you haven't received any responses since I've never seen a trip report from Isla Marisol here before. If you go, please write one as I'd love to read more about it.

I dove with Splash in Placencia last year, and one of the surface intervals was a lunch spent on a small caye with cabanas operated by Roberts Grove. Not nearly as swank as IM but not as spendy either, I'm sure.

There was another upscale resort in the area, Hatchet Caye. We passed by it a couple of times. You might want to check it out as well.

I've been to Marisol 4 times. I also lived near Placencia for 5 years and used to gas up my boat at Robert's Grove.

They're very different places. Marisol is pretty much dive, sleep and eat. But the dive sites are 5-20 minutes from the dock.
Roberts is a nice place and there are other places and restaurtants around...and some night life. Pretty far to the reef since Roberts is also about 5 miles back in the lagoon plus 20 miles to the barrier reef.

If you're just into diving a lot, I'd go with Marisol.

Thanks, Hank! I think we ARE all about the diving at this point, and from this location, so your comments are most helpful, just perfect! I'll definitely report back afterwards (next year :D).

---------- Post added ----------

Swank not necessary, but the less boat time the better for me! Thanks for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom