Coming to Philippines in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lock_washer

Contributor
Reaction score
Question,

I coming to the Philippines in August to dive at Balai Dive Resort in Anilao, Batangas and then Club Mabuhay Dive Resort in Puerto Galera. Then a side trip up to Subic Bay to dive with the whales/dolphin at Ocean Adventure Park. Would a 3mm full wetsuit be enough coverage?

Lock Washer

Question also...is it okay to bring dive gloves and a dive knife? Or is that asking for trouble to have those items with me?

I don't see why you should have any issues with the gloves and knife. Just keep the knife in your checked bags when flying of course. I have used a 3 mil suit around the PI in August and kept plenty warm.

nice... you'll be in shugar's home resort - balai. 3mm wetsuit's fine unless you get cold easily...

knives and gloves are allowed in the areas you'll be diving.

happy diving! :D

although in PG, i understand they are not advised though there is no rule against using them.

lock_washer:
Question also...is it okay to bring dive gloves and a dive knife? Or is that asking for trouble to have those items with me?
knives are ok as long as you don't go around stabbing/ poking things with them... some people use them as hand-holds in the sand when a current hits

gloves are - like in PG - discouraged as gloved hands have a tendency to touch the wildlife a lot more... but there is no rule against them

welcome to the PPD!

Jag

welcome on August.

stay tuned here for weather announcements on typhoons so you may position yourself , i suggest be ready for dives if no typhoon, and be ready to surf with typhoons

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom