Coming to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am headed for Florida from Slidell, La on Monday evening the 27th. Plan to dive Vortex Springs Tuesday morning then leave about noon for Sarasota. I should hit Sarasota either late tuesday night or early weds morning. Would like to dive somewhere close to Sarasota weds while Mom-in-Law visits her son. Then I plan to leave Sarasota Thursday morning and head for the Crystal River to hook up with American Pro Divers for a morning trip before heading back to Houston. I don't go to Florida often so I am trying to dive as many places as I can.

It all hinges on the weather and if any of the boats are going out on that day.

Scuba Quest in Sarasota or Florida West in Venice. Beach dive from Venice beach too.

Morrison Spring is ~10miles south of Vortex, I'd definately check that site out as well. Its free to dive. Water levels are getting back to normal, unless we get another run of heavy thunderstorms pour on us(not the normal afternoon showers), it should be clearing up.

Cypress is just up the road too. You'll have to rent a canoe to get to it though - beautiful dive and you normally have the whole spring to yourself.

I'll second the Morrison suggestion.....have yet to do cypress but that is on the list.

eandiver:
have yet to do cypress but that is on the list.

Shoot me a line if you would like someone to lead the way :) I've canoed up the creek quite a few times and haven't been lost since that dreaded first trip!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Shoot me a line if you would like someone to lead the way :) I've canoed up the creek quite a few times and haven't been lost since that dreaded first trip!

I will. I really want to go back to Morrison too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom