Coming to Florida end of July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoestenbach

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am desperate for some nitrogen, when I’m not working. I have a meeting in St. Pete Beach 7-29 thru 8-4. My wife can’t make the trip so I have decided to drive. Figuring to leave on Saturday 23rd and spend the night in Tallahassee. I was thinking I might try to get to the Keys Sunday evening, Marathon or Big Pine maybe (?), but I’m open to other options. Need some suggestions from locals/knowledgeables. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Costs are an issue, but good diving is worth the price. I have advanced certifications and experience, but don’t do any tech, wreck, or cave. I dive fresh primarily and am mostly interested in reef and marine life.

I’m also hoping to stop in the Gulf Shores, Alabama area on the way home. Does any one have any experience in this area? A shop that does weekend charters?

Thanks for any help or advise you can provide,
rogerh
r-hoestenbach@tamu.edu

From around around the Aug 4th-8th. I'll be diving at least three days.

I'm going to book boat diving shortly. If you like you are welcome to join. I'll be diving with my Cuz, but would love to hook up with other Conch's or SB members.

I'm still finalizing places to stay, dates, and Dive OP's. Expect to spend about $60 for a two tank boat dive without tip.

We are looking at the Largo area for lodging, and diving. However we may move the lodging to Islandmoranda if we can get better deals down there. I can drive to Largo if I want to dive there.

In any event, maybe I'll post on the Calandar once we book things up. It likely will be in the next couple weeks.

hoestenbach:
I am desperate for some nitrogen, when I’m not working. I have a meeting in St. Pete Beach 7-29 thru 8-4. My wife can’t make the trip so I have decided to drive. Figuring to leave on Saturday 23rd and spend the night in Tallahassee. I was thinking I might try to get to the Keys Sunday evening, Marathon or Big Pine maybe (?), but I’m open to other options. Need some suggestions from locals/knowledgeables. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Costs are an issue, but good diving is worth the price. I have advanced certifications and experience, but don’t do any tech, wreck, or cave. I dive fresh primarily and am mostly interested in reef and marine life.

I’m also hoping to stop in the Gulf Shores, Alabama area on the way home. Does any one have any experience in this area? A shop that does weekend charters?

Thanks for any help or advise you can provide,
rogerh
r-hoestenbach@tamu.edu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom