Coming Back to Maui on Aug 18 -- Want to Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be in Kihei visiting my 92 year old Dad for a week. I'll bring some gear with the hope of catching some UW time.

Who's going to be around?

I heard that one of the Lahaina shops is doing a more "adventuresome" dive -- ala North Shore Divers -- is that true and if so, any reports?

Lahaina Divers is going to Molokai on a regular basis (regularly scheduled charter, $199). According to one of the DMs (who tells me the truth IMO) the dives can be absolutely amazing with regular sightings of schools of hammerheads, etc. He also said it can be extremely challenging to get on the boat afterward since currents and wave action can be strong, and everything is done as a live boat dive (though that won't be a problem for someone with your experience). He told me this is the one true advanced dive that they do.

Thank you. That is what I was vaguely remembering.

Insta-buddy issues -- Oh well.

Hey Peter Guy.... Remember me ? I live in WA. I will be in Kihei on Aug. 9th. I would like a diving with you but I leave Maui on 18th afternoon. What time you will arrive Maui ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom