Maui diving December 18-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am going to be in Kihei from December 18-25 and was hoping to some shore diving. I am up for anything including being a back up DM for anyone with a large group doing a shore dive. My wife doesn’t dive, so I am just hoping to get my gills wet. I also do underwater video for the group for free.

If you end up wanting to do a boat dive, give "Island Style Diving" a call. Good people and that's who we recommend to our divers going to Maui.

I am going to be in Kihei from December 18-25 and was hoping to some shore diving. I am up for anything including being a back up DM for anyone with a large group doing a shore dive. My wife doesn’t dive, so I am just hoping to get my gills wet. I also do underwater video for the group for free.
We are flying back to Maui on the 20th. I have been shore diving Maui for several years, as I have family there. Also highly recommend you dive Mala wharf in Lahaina. Sign up for the snorkel report from The Snorkel Store, for morning water conditions: Shore diving depends on calmer water, as all of the Maui shore dives are shallow and get murky and have potential surf hazards on windy rough days. I am happy to talk more if you DM me we can do a call.

Hi, I was just in Kihei over Thanksgiving, but have yet to write up a trip report. It seems like every boat excursion goes to Molokini crater, but I felt that was the least good dive we went on. The Maui Diamond boat was fine but it is definitely a cattle boat. I would shore dive in the future even if the boat was free. Snorkeling from shore at Ulau beach I saw not one but two red octopodes during the day, so don't overlook that. I did scooter dives with Maui Dreams at Makena Landing that were an absolute ton of fun, tons to see and an outstanding guide. Didn't get to Mala wharf but I have heard that recommended repeatedly as well. Kinda far from Kihei, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom