Comfo-bite: Aqualung vs Apeks. Are the the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're definitely soft, that's what attracted me to them. I used to bite through them a lot when I first started diving, but after my first year I was comfortable enough that I'm not biting through them anymore.

I'm not exactly sure on size. I assumed it was a one size fits all thing. I can measure one if you guys like. They're considerably longer than the scubapro mouthpieces that they replaced.

Prior to trying the trident, I tried one of those blue ones that you heat and form to your teeth. Hated it, no matter how much I trimmed off the end. In the end I chalked it up to lesson learned and got rid of that mouthpiece.

My wife doesn't like the trident mouthpieces, so they're not for everybody.

The trident would torque and disfigure in my mouth and become uncomfortable.

I'm happy with either the AL, or the Apeks.

I bought a trident version for about $3 it was so soft and flimsy that I didnt even put it on the reg. I like the aqualung CB mouthpiece beacuse it seems to hook behind my upper teeth and hang there no bite pressure required.

I had bought a lot of equipment from DGX but the comfort bite is a piece of S$%&!! I could not even put it on my Apeks reg without tearing it.

I have purchased Aqua Lung Comfo-Bite at DiveRiteExpress now known as DiveGearExpress. Not to be confused with Hong Kong DivingExpress which carries Apeks. Mine was high quality.

Sorry to hear about it. I assume the company did not help with the torn mouthpiece.

HK DE say this about Apeks Comfo-bite and they have different colors! Sounds strange to me.

The Apeks Comfobite mouthpiece is the standard mouthpiece fitted to all Apeks primary second stages and features a bridge that joins the two bite tabs together. The purpose of the bridge is to shield the roof of the mouth from the filtered compressed air as it passes out of the mouthpiece to avoid a dry out your mouth.

Diving compressed air is, at a minimum, double filtered to remove contaminants and moisture. Whilst this is essential for the diver's health it does lead to the mouth drying out very quickly which is particularly noticeable on the roof of the mouth. The bridge helps to keep the roof moist and reduce the discomfort.

The entire mouthpiece is made from very soft black silicone with all edges smoothed and rounded for a comfortable fit, even on prolonged or extended dives.

I have purchased Aqua Lung Comfo-Bite at DiveRiteExpress now known as DiveGearExpress. Not to be confused with Hong Kong DivingExpress which carries Apeks. Mine was high quality.

Sorry to hear about it. I assume the company did not help with the torn mouthpiece.
We bought THREE cheap C-bite from Dive Gear Express and they are history.
AL C-bite is a lot more expensive.

I did not file any complaint for $10.00 worth of equipment across the other side of the Pacific. What should I do with the replacement anyway?
Genuine Apeks part is from different planet! Don't buy cheapo because it is waste of money.

Last edited:
I file a couple of complaints for $1 or more at gearbest which is China or Hong Kong shipping. They just credit my paypal account. I have also done paypal ebay complaints for $10 and $57. My paypal account has over $100 from being reimbursed. And in some cases I still have the merchandise. I guess it kind of sucks though since it was money taken from bank account and now held by paypal for me to use.

I want to get the colored Apeks. I hope the shipping is not too high from Hong Kong.

I switched from the scubapro standard mouthpiece to a DGX comfy one and it feels great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom