Comfo-bite: Aqualung vs Apeks. Are the the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not know what DRIS was so googled it. Nice! The Apeks says antibacterial. Tell us how you like it later. I may get one to compare to Aqualung.

I did not know US Divers made this cover. I have a lime green one from AWS attached to left chest D-ring on an old BC. I would wiggle my Octo mouthpiece back and forth to get it in. This kept my Octo in place if needed and its mouthpiece clean from sand. I have never used one for my primary and I assume it may deform new mouthpiece if stored. I use a Reg bag for storage.

I now donate my primary and remind my buddy each time. It is a DiveRite (Poseidon) side exhaust on a blue 40" Miflex hose that goes under my arm. Before I had this set-up, the only time I have had to donate my buddy grabbed the Reg out of my mouth anyway which surprised me.

Last edited:
@cmburch there are pros and cons to comfobites on the Poseidons. The advantage of sticking with the stock Poseidon mouthpiece is because it is symmetrical you can actually rotate the regulator along its access so it ends up upside-down when you donate and that prevents a 180* bend in the hose if you remain face to face. I have comfobites on my backmount set, but not on my sidemount/stage/deco regs because of that

A comfo-bite ended up on my octo and the apeks is on my primary. For me anyway I prefer the Apeks. Unfortunately I think these are one of those items that depends on the person, for example my ex wife uses no mouthpiece at, err wait, that is what I would prefer her to use....

A comfo-bite will not fit my DiveRite/Poseidon. The orifice is too large. I use Comfo-bites on US Divers and my families Regs.

A comfo-bite will not fit my DiveRite/Poseidon. The orifice is too large. I use Comfo-bites on US Divers and my families Regs.

they fit just fine on mine... The difference in orifice size is only about 1/16" of an inch. Get the mouthpiece a little bit warm and I usually put a dab of either dawn dish soap or astroglide *depending on if I'm home or diving since the astroglide is with me for drysuit seals* and it slips right on with no issue. I'm in the UK for the next 2 weeks otherwise I'd take a picture. Mine were purchased from DGX so whichever ones they are selling are the ones on mine

I have AL regs. I love the comfo bite mouthpiece. I actually got an AL snorkel because of the same mouthpiece (I snorkel laps in the pool). I have a smaller mouth and it makes all the difference.

Ahh that would be nice, but as you mentioned. The reason I got this set-up we can swim side by side holding hands instead of facing each other if needing to donate. Also when grabbed the Reg is just rotated on swivel to buddy. Simple and elegant.

All my buddies make fun of me using Impulse 3 flex for freediving. I love it. Large bore free breathing no restrictive wind sucking noise, wavelets splashing overhead do not enter top tube or drops out lower drain, easy to spit out and away from my face when submerging, easily drains when I put it back in my mouth at surface. My flex is black with yellow top so buddies can see me better.

My "Buddy" Avatar has my red Impulse 3 rigid which I use for working out in the ocean since my flex oscillates when moving through the water. Mine has a large mouthpiece though and I think I will get the smaller one to try out.

I just noticed that Aqualung now has a new Zephyr snorkel. I may get to try out.

Last edited:
I sell ALOT of Comfo-bites...

The Apex branded is slightly wider...the Aqualung is slightly firmer..and the Trident comfo-bite is a joke.

Most females prefer the Aqualung...most guys are cheap B6%^%^*s and buy the Trident lol...But doubles divers all by apex....

what can I say...sighs..

bubs
What's wrong with the Trident? Just curious, as I've been using them on all my regs for a few years now. Is there some compelling reason I should switch?

I was unaware that Trident also made a comfo-bite until reading this thread. How is it? What size do you have?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom