Comfo-bite: Aqualung vs Apeks. Are the the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Time for me to replace some mouth piece. I am looking to try comfo-bite. Is the Aqualung version and Apeks version the same just by different brand? And do they come in different size?

They are the same size for opening but not exactly the same size, the bridge on the Apeks is a little different, larger IIRC. Not entirely sure why as the difference is small but I prefer the AL over the Apeks.

Apeks only come in one size. The AL Congo comes in at least two sizes, the "standard" as found on legend etc and a larger one from a different material on new factory Conshelfs, I assume for manly soldier mouths.

I have been using comfo-bite on my US Divers Reg for many years. My original was clear that I got from AWS. It yellowed and was unsightly so I replaced it with black. All my snorkels also have comfo-bite. I am a chewer so can get jaw fatigue with other mouthpieces. It looks like there are a few companies that market the comfo-bite now and if you look at them they all look slightly different though they fit the same size Reg. My daughter has a smaller comfo-bite mouthpiece on her Reg., so Aqualung has 2 sizes small and regular.

LeisurePro said the Comfo-bite is discontinued. I hope that's not true, it's my favorite mouthpiece.

I sell ALOT of Comfo-bites...

The Apex branded is slightly wider...the Aqualung is slightly firmer..and the Trident comfo-bite is a joke.

Most females prefer the Aqualung...most guys are cheap B6%^%^*s and buy the Trident lol...But doubles divers all by apex....

what can I say...sighs..

bubs

The one you want says MADE IN FRANCE on one side and U.S.PAT.4,862,983 DES.303,440 on the other. I may be off on a number because it is black and hard to see. It is 1-1/8 inch high. The width varies depending how I hold it, but looks like 2-1/4 inch wide. This is the one normally sold at most shops in clear and black. Mine has the Aqualung lip protector and the Octo has the comfo-bite without the center bridge and just says MADE IN FRANCE.

The larger comfo-bite is 1-3/16 inch high and about the same width. It is hard to tell with my measuring tape.

May want to call AWS to see if they have a black one. I thought the clear initially looked more hygienic, but gross after it yellowed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom