"Come on and take a FREE RIDE...."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
Actually (and this is totally true) my buddy had dropped something on the bottom and didn't see my elevator ride. He said my light kept doing circles on the bottom, which he thought was me asking if he was OK, and he kept circling back, yes - for goodness sake - I'm OK.

There were seven of us, one with a camera and one with a video cam. Fortunately, no one around me at the time to record the event!

Glad to hear you survived the bad luck...On the other hand you had good luck that no one caught that Kodak moment...they usually do at embarrassing moments. Have you developed a new signal for I'm caught on the lift bag line and going for a ride :D I had a similar experience a few years back but mine was stupidity not an accident.

Rick,
Thank God you're OK !!!

But I gotta admit, I had visions of you looking somewhat like a turtle on his back in the middle of the freeway at rush hour !!!

What is hillarious to me is the assemblage and syntax of all the curse words your were probably running through your brain during this exercise.

the K

EMT shears and pony, perhaps.
(No, I've never tried cutting a charged LP hose, but if it was at all deep it might be a good time to try. Likewise, I appreciate most people don't carry a pony -- I'm just thinking of what I might do, if the event chain reached that point.)
Glad it turned out OK!

Rick Inman:
Actually (and this is totally true) my buddy had dropped something on the bottom and didn't see my elevator ride. He said my light kept doing circles on the bottom, which he thought was me asking if he was OK, and he kept circling back, yes - for goodness sake - I'm OK.

:lol: Now that's hilarious!!!

Glad you're okay, Rick. I had a reel jam on me once doing the same thing. Fortunately I was able to dump the bag while only ascending about 3 feet. Unjammed the reel and deployed the bag without further issue.

Just one question - why were you shooting a bag with a finger spool?!?!? :06:

I'm glad that incident simply resulted in a good story. Maybe you should carry a spear gun to shoot unruly lift bags :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

markfm:
EMT shears and pony, perhaps.
(No, I've never tried cutting a charged LP hose, but if it was at all deep it might be a good time to try. Likewise, I appreciate most people don't carry a pony -- I'm just thinking of what I might do, if the event chain reached that point.)
Glad it turned out OK!

Or -here's a thought - just cut the line holding the bag?

MtnDiver:
Great, now I have to clean coffee off my keyboard and monitor! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Thank you, thank you....I'm here all week...don't forget to buy your CD in the lobby... :D

Boogie711:
Or -here's a thought - just cut the line holding the bag?

I'd say just saw off the entire arm - keeps it simple!

Rick - rings a bell. Happened to me in front of a couple of OW students too while setting up a CESA line. *sigh* Nothing like setting a good example, eh? That was the most embarassing teaching moment I've had in my life - along with being unable to clear my mask on CW 1 (both my nostrils were blocked due to a cold - I filled mask with water, blew and...nothing. Repeat - same result. Ok everyone, stand up. I really DO know to clear my mask. Really).

Vandit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom