Comal & San Marcos diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psiborg1812

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, my buddy and I are going to do some diving over Spring Break, and we are looking at the Comal River as one of our dive sites. Are there any other places to dive other than around Hinman Island? We've also heard about San Marcos river, but we don't have the time or money to take the Scintific Diver course. Are there locations to dive that river that you don't have to be a Sci. Diver to dive?

Thanks!

P.S. is the Guadalupe River divable?

You can also dive at Prince Solmes Park, just above the tube shoot. I may be going this weekend if I can get the "honey-do's" taken care of during the week. Send me a PM if you're interested.

We have a group diving the Comal this weekend (Sat, Mar 21). We're thinking of drift diving as much of the river as we can. You're most welcome to join us, of course.

you would be better to just stick with the Comal....the San Marcos River has become clogged with "weeds"....and silt and is very shallow now....you may want to try Canyon Lake

In addition, there is a colony of very nasty plants downstream from the Rio Vista dam. Be sure to soak your gear in a vinegar solution or let it fully dry before you hop into another body of water. The plant's name escapes me right now, but I am told that it makes hydrilla look like a light weight. Thus far USFWS has not found a way to eradicate it.

That one sounds right. Ethan told me that Fish has already spent over 250K to try and get rid of it. I will be diving the lake on Thursday and get an answer.

I had a great time with the CDOT group last weekend diving the Comal, great people and fun diving, thanks for letting me tag along. I am not a photographer but here are a few pictures : http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3889

1.jpg33.jpg11.jpg

Hey, Paul
It was fantastic to meet you and share some dives. I had a blast! Let's do it again! Next time, we'll get in farther up the river and try to float it all. Be sure to keep in touch and we'll let you know when there are some other events and dive opportunities.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom