Comal River - Trashfest - New No Parking Zones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiejeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New Braunfels recently went nuts in my opinion by putting up No Parking signs around the Comal where I like to dive. Not sure if this will have an Impact for those of you planning to dive there in the near future or for Trashfest participants.

I took the kiddos down the lower section this weekend tubing. The section of road I have always used for parking between the bridge and Union St (aka last exit) are now plastered with no parking signs every 100 ft. Most of the side streets now are posted for permitted parking only. Basically, not a very dive friendly location unless you have a buddy and one of you want to do some serious hiking.

Not sure how I will adapt to this new challenge yet when it comes to diving there. Maybe the Schlitterbahn Resort would let us use their parking or possibly we could park further away on the same street where it is not currently marked with the same signs (block and a half west of the bridge). It would make for one heck of a long post-dive walk. After Sept 30 you could park a block east of the last exit, but from May til then a permit is required. Anyone else have a plan to deal with this situation?

Perhaps you could you go talk to the folks with that camping place by the railroad trestle, maybe if people were willing to pay a buck or two, for parking there, next to the water.... I don't know, you know the area there. Is the park there, Prince Solms park an option, if you arrive before all the traffic?

I've always parked at the two newer parks at Schlitterbahn, and never had a problem with them there.

I always park at Prince Solms, I get there around 7:00/7:30 and have no issues with close parking. I am always able to park right next to the gate. :)

I always park at Prince Solms, I get there around 7:00/7:30 and have no issues with close parking. I am always able to park right next to the gate. :)

This situation presents a challenge if you are diving the lower, horeshoe shaped, section which in my opinion a much better dive. At Prince Solms no issues, except the dirt parking area is chained off leaving few parking spots. On the plus size, the pay parking toll booths are gone.

Yeah, I don't like the lower portion as much. Personal preference I suppose. :)

I find more tuber loot on the upper, that may be my motivation. :D

Back
Top Bottom