Coltri MCH6 compression fitting on tower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And when you've seen some of the aluminium filter tower corrosion, like rabbits digging out the thread
around steel fittings on Bauer towers using USIT it might be a good idea to wrap some tape around too
Or keep your air dry. Could go either way.

It isn't, have a look here - MCH-6 | Coltri Compressors 1/8 NPT,
This is what I found on mine
Unbelivable. Mine is a BSPT for sure, I measured. But that's Coltri style, the often change threads. I even have a condensate discharge valve (1.12 in manual) with M10x1, cylindrical not tapering. All the 3 threads are very similar. Italien idiots.

Or keep your air dry. Could go either way.

Well there you are

It just so happens, the original final separator that was paired with the P41 tower, had exploded
so maybe there was not much separating going on for some time before its eventual separation

Well there you are

It just so happens, the original final separator that was paired with the P41 tower, had exploded
so maybe there was not much separating going on for some time before its eventual separation
I’ve exploded towers before, twice.

It’s exciting, makes a big boom and the boat rocks.

In my opinion, it’s on a nitrox compressor and the final stage is leaking oil, satisfying the third side of the fire tetrahedron.

It makes me sad when it happens, as it costs a bunch of money to fix it.

a bunch of money

Man o man, yeah even expired towers are expensive it makes me happy I don't pump O2 through my
comps, and don't pump much volume anymore and despite rebuilding my machines myself no boom

and I think about stuff exploding less these days too

I ended up using Permatex thread sealant which is rated to 5000 psi and did them up nice and tight. From an inital test, it all looks good. I'm sure the tape would have also worked, but all the tape I could find had a low psi threshold

I ended up using Permatex thread sealant which is rated to 5000 psi and did them up nice and tight. From an inital test, it all looks good. I'm sure the tape would have also worked, but all the tape I could find had a low psi threshold
What Permatex product is it? Sounds very good.

No matter what specification you find on PTFE/Teflon tape it works fine for 330+ bar.

In fact I have never seen any specification (for ex. psi treshold) on a teflon tape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom