Coltri MCH6 changing the pressure relief valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to change the pressure relief valve to 250 bar and looking for advice before I take a wrench to it. Does it simply unscrew from the outside? A quick check showed it was on pretty tight so just would like to make sure before I give it some elbow as to the proper way to change this component. Thanks for any advice, Martin.

Hopefully you have done this now, any advice since I am in the tame boat? Also I am possibly in need of a new pressure relief valve, do you have one you can recommend that I can buy online?

Is it a common blow off valve that screws into a 1/4"npt fitting? Or is it something special, like the thing that is built into the top of a Bauer P0 stack?

The ones that screw into standard fittings can be bought from a wide variety of sources. They can often be purchased pre-set to the pressure you specify.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom