Coltri Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildmagic

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, my name is Karie and I have a question regarding coltri compressors.
I am in the market for a new new compressor, and we have been talking to a sales rep. for this manufacturer of compressors.
I was just wondering if any one here has any experience working with this brand -coltri- of compressors, and if so, would you mind telling me what you thought of them?
We have never heard of this brand, so any help is much appreciated.

thanks
Karie

coltri has been re-branded and sold under a number of different brands. search through the forums, the small units seems to have issues.

There are 22 different distributors selling Coltri compressors and I think I am the only one that doesn't re-brand them.

If you are looking at the smallest compressor, the MCH-6, Veriqster is right about an issue. The manual has a mis-print for oil changes. It says 250 hours and it was supposed to be 25 hours. The forth stage sits on the bottom so if you don't change oil regularly, it will sit in any water that may happen to build up in the sump.

I have sold both the Bauer and the Coltri compressors for years and am very happy with both. The little Bauer requires a little less service while the little Coltri costs less, has more features standard and can be customized with a ton of options but requires regular oil changes.

Good afternoon,

I use now my second coltri machine and I am happy with it. The machine before was an mch 13 and with reasonable results I used this machine for continue blending nitrox/trimix. Now however with a new mch 30 I had an huge adjustment to do for the nitrox blending . Trimix blending is almost impossible. For example to mix an 32% I simply digit the mix inn to my mps t-mix blender and the outcome was exactly what I had put in with the smaller mch13. Now for a 32% I have to made a 4% correction to get a good result. Do you have some ideas why it’s going wrong? I vent the machine and the pipefitting empty, I check firm for leaks or collateral air intake. The length off the tube from the mixer to the air intake to the compressor is approximately 5feet(1,5m) .I fill until 4350 psi(320 bar) .Please advise.

Sinceraly regards,

Ron

I am not a "mixer" kind of guy so some of the experts in that will surely jump in to help. I just wanted to bring a couple of points to your attention.

First, there is a huge difference in the compressors you are talking about. The MCH-13 is a 7 CFM machine while the MCH-30 is a 25 CFM machine. There is bound to be a big difference in your mix settings.

Next, the Coltri compressors are rated for up to 40% of membrane generated Nitrox at up to 200 bar. Continuous blending or higher pressures will void your warranty.

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your reaction. I suspected that the difference off the intakeflow would be one off the reasons butt the manufacter off mps systems stated different. The 200 bar nitrox rule is also written in the manual off the compressor.

Thank you ,
Ron

I'm not a Coltri guy, but I do mix, including trimix.

If your pre-compressor mix differs from the post-compressor output, here are a few things you should look for:

Verify that the oxygen sensor is calibrated while the compressor is running. They are sensitive to pressure, so any vacuum in the mixer will throw off the calibration.

Moisture in air displaces oxygen. You may need to recalibrate depending on the ambient conditions, or just wait until the weather changes.

Excessive restriction in the mixer, throwing off the oxygen sensor. The vacuum at the inlet of the compressor should not be more than about 2" of water. Less is better. Mine shows 0.5" water using a manometer. Just use a plain old clear vinyl tube if needed, they work great.

Hi Dannobee,

Thanks for the advise . It is the same result but indeed I did the calibration with the compressor shut off. That I will do otherwise now. I didn’t measure the negative pressure but this must be more than 2” of water. I will get this info in time. What do you think about the max. fill pressure with 32%?
Something else, the type of compressor is a super silent but when I leave the machine open than there is a temperature difference of 59° (15°c) and only a few decibel more noise, so I gone leave the doors open in the future in favor for a running machine with a temperature of 95°F(35°c) instead off the 113°F with the doors closed. My next step will be to rearrange the machine so the tubing from the mixer to the machine will be 50% shorter. Do you now the mps mixer? mpstechnology.com/eng/index.html) The system is ok but the the firm never answers to my mails.

Sincerely regards,
Ron

(and sorry for my language )

Hi, my name is Karie and I have a question regarding coltri compressors.
I am in the market for a new new compressor, and we have been talking to a sales rep. for this manufacturer of compressors.
I was just wondering if any one here has any experience working with this brand -coltri- of compressors, and if so, would you mind telling me what you thought of them?
We have never heard of this brand, so any help is much appreciated.

thanks
Karie

Hi Karie,

I've been running a Coltri MCH16 (260 litres/minute) for the last 15 months and am very happy with it. Since your location is 'in the jungle', if you get the tropical kit (bigger filter, more blades on the fanwheel), you'll get excellent filter life regardless of conditions - here in the Solomons 30C and 85% humidity is perfectly normal.

Grae

I have a 2003 Coltri 13 mch and he is still working strong.
Coltri compressors (and dive gear) is a well known brand in Europe
and i will set them behind Bauer.
Bauer may be a bit more rugged but Coltri is less expensive to buy and to maintain.
I would buy again a Coltri except i get a similar Bauer for the same price

Chris

Back
Top Bottom