Color tinted / true color mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_kkh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone tried on those red tinted mask?

Any reviews to share pls.

I am thinking of getting one for my wife who seems to get bore over the "uncolorful" reefs. Hopefully one of those red tinted mask can bring her interest back to diving.

But b4 i get one, would love to know if there is any good ones out there and if it works?!

thks guys

it depends.....

if you are in clear water, during the day with bright sun outside, they work reasonably well. Its no different than the filters that many photographers use for ambient light work. But... if you go deep, or the skies darken, or the water your in isn't really clear, they tend to just make things darker.

"uncolorful" reefs sounds more like you need to take a trip to Tahiti or Palau to show her something really fantastic

it depends.....

if you are in clear water, during the day with bright sun outside, they work reasonably well. Its no different than the filters that many photographers use for ambient light work. But... if you go deep, or the skies darken, or the water your in isn't really clear, they tend to just make things darker.

"uncolorful" reefs sounds more like you need to take a trip to Tahiti or Palau to show her something really fantastic

Well she is a very visual person who goes for big and colorful stuff, she is not into tiny creatures....:shakehead:

Anyhow, we will be spending a 3days liveaboard in Thailand, similan island, coming Jan. Hopefully we will catch some manta rays and whale sharks in action.:popcorn:

Its my way of making her looking forward to diving as this will be the first time we will be doing the liveaboard, would love to double her fun by getting the tinted lens.:D

I hope the trip goes well for the two of you, it sounds great, and hope there is lots of big things for her to enjoy. And although I have not expirienced Thailand, I understand there is some fantastic Macro stuff that might get her interested in the smaller stuff. Perhaps a game of sealife tic-tac-toe or something else that will keep the interest up.

But for the mask, it sounds like you might just be in the right water to let the mask may be just right, I would just remind you to take your normal mask as a back up if she/you ends up not liking it so much.

The way I understand it - those coloured filters are doing just that - filtering out light. I fail to see how less is more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom