Cold weather has arrived in Texas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today was the first time that I have felt truly cold this year while outside. Harsh wind, wasn't it? I'm really glad that I have a warm weather vacation to look forward to. I thought I might ask if anyone wants to daydream about a future dive trip.

We leave Jan. 1 on a cruise from Galveston, sponsored by our LDS. Will get to dive in Coz, there are lots of great people also. Especially wonderful is that my beautiful 10 mo. grandson will be there, this is our Christmas gift to our kids. Our son in law will be diving with us for the first time since his certification last month, and our youngest daughter will also dive. Our oldest daughter will be topside with the Amazing One, sunning, napping, playing and shopping while we dive.

I also will get to do my first night dive, I'm beginning to get more excited than freaked out finally. LOL. I've kinda had a fear of night diving, but I'm ready to give it a try. Too many people rave about it, so I know it's gotta be awesome.

Okay, just wanted to daydream publicly. Anyone else want to share plans? It does help.

Foo

Foo:
I agree, it's cold in Houston today. I love it though. We're lighting the fireplace today and I can finally wear jeans and a sweater and not sweat! Ha!

Of course it does help to know I'll be in Cozumel in 4 days. :)

Have fun when you go, and enjoy your night dive.

Ok, I see a trend here. Is it alright to post on this thread if you're NOT about to go to Cozumel? Unfortunately, I'm totally out of vacation for the year, so nothing's happening until next year (sob!).

You guys have a great time! Tell us all about it.

Jester:
Ok, I see a trend here. Is it alright to post on this thread if you're NOT about to go to Cozumel? Unfortunately, I'm totally out of vacation for the year, so nothing's happening until next year (sob!).

You guys have a great time! Tell us all about it.

It's 47 degrees out and the Turkey smell is making the house quite delicious smelling - BUT - I've got a pool session Saturday [47 degrees & wind... ughh] - The OW is the next weekend and Travis is still flooded, looks like the poor babes get to go to Aquarena!!

Have a Good Turkey Day

Well I'm planning another cruise for me and mom-in-law in march/ april. Will probably go back on the NCL out of LaPorte but may go back on the elation. RCL is out of the game for quite a while.

Well, lemme think.. We go to Grand Cayman for the week of Valentines Day.... Staying in a suite at Sunset House, hopefully the island will be pretty well back in shape by then......
In May, we go to CoCoView in Roatan with Dee and gang for the week before Memorial Day. This will be our third trip to CCV and I'm really looking forward to it.

And if you think it's cold in Texas, try being where I'm at! I'm up in the frozen tundra of the Chicagoland area til Monday :11: It's FREAKIN COLD!! And there is this strange crunchy white substance covering everything!! It don't like it much, can't wait to get back down where I belong!

Wow Truckdiver, your itinerary looks great. Natasha, omigosh the weather looks like it's going to be perfect for your trip to Coz. My coworker is in Cancun now and the weather has looked horrid the entire time, via viewing the Weather Channel online. I hope that they're just wrong again, and that when she gets home she will tell me that it was great, warm and sunny.

Okay, get ready to really be P.O.'d at me. I not only get to go on one cruise in Jan, but my husband won another one through a contest at work. We will be home from the first one for 1.5 wks., then fly to Orlando to take a 3 nt. cruise to Naussau, and CoCo Cay (Royal Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas.) We're pretty excited about it, I feel very blessed.

Foo

Hi Foo:
I have dove in Coco Caye. It's a nice little dive. Would you believe RC has a dive shop on the little private island? Have fun. I saw a ton of rays!

I get to go to pla del carmen, coz, and belize next may via the elation. Hope for at least 3 2 tank dives on the cruise. waiting with anticipation.

Natasha:
Hi Foo:
I have dove in Coco Caye. It's a nice little dive. Would you believe RC has a dive shop on the little private island? Have fun. I saw a ton of rays!

I had posted on the bahama's section of SB with questions about Coco Caye, as I didn't see anything about diving on the RC website, no dive shore excursions listed there. Several people have posted that they have dived there, so my fears were allayed. Thanks for confirming that we can dive there. I read that the island is really tiny, but that the snorkeling is great and that they have a shipwreck?

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom