Cold Water Reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy and I both use SP regs (MK20 G250). The coldest water we have dove in is 38 degrees, and we have never had a problem with them freezing.

Stacey

Poseidons can't be beat for ice diving, but that's the only good thing I have to say about them.

Mike

I dunno about that. Apeks, Abysmal, and Scuba Pro's do pretty well to a 1000' or so, and they don't feel like you have a log in your mouth :).

Mike

While it does look like your palying fetch w/your neighbors oak tree, I have yet to suck on a reg that delivered more air by volume w/the least amount of effort. I'm not downing any other regs, but the main topic was for COLD water regs. I don't know if any other reg can out perform an Odin @ depth in Cold water. :D

Lost Yooper once bubbled...
I dunno about that. Apeks, Abysmal, and Scuba Pro's do pretty well to a 1000' or so, and they don't feel like you have a log in your mouth :).

I've had my Apeks to 10,000' and no problems.

Oh, you're talking DEPTH, not altitude :)

Roak

HAVE DIVED IN UK ALL YEAR ROUND WITH OLD TYPE SHERWOOD BLIZZARD 5/6DEGREES C REGULARILY IN INLAND QUARRIES NO PROBLEMS WITH REG FREEZE UPS

Just found this web site and I am all ready loving it. I too am looking for a cold water ice reg. I am on a new (and green) dive rescue team in South Dakota. 1/3 of the year, the water is covered in ice. Right now I dive a SP mk5 with a 109?? It works great for recreational diving but I think that I need more. Am I right? In my quest for info on a new reg set up I came across this web site.

http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/nsf/index.html

Antarctic diving. They tested different regs and posted the results for us. BTW the water temp was about 28 degrees F. The link to the test is here:

http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/nsf/diving/robbins.html

Back
Top Bottom