DIR- Generic Cold water dive gear recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Routing does not affect safety unless you do something VERY special.
- TEK3 are optimal for backmounted doubles as far as I know.
- DST are convenient for stages (as they have a nice rotating turret).
- DS4 are nice because they are small and lack that horrible rotating turret (same as DST)(and their house routing sucks unless you dive a back mounted single)

Perfect!

This thread has pictures of TEK3 and DST.

I have the TEK3 myself and while all the hoses are pointing down, that forces to curve a bit the hoses to get them routed. There is nothing wrong with that but some people prefer the DST routing.

Cold water gear recommendation? Airline tickets to the Isle of Yap.

It's possible, but of course not entirely practical.

If you join a club, I'm pretty certain it'll be possible to hitch a ride with one of the other members on club outings. And that makes for anecdote time: Before the corona hit us, I was a bit desperate for a dive and asked to join a trip with the student club. I was warmly welcomed and a little puzzled at that. Until it turned out that they were one car short of getting everyone with their gear down to the harbor...
Hmmm... OK. Currently I ll be running in to "debt" with all the new gear. I might have to wait 3-4 months before I get a second hand car.
Having a car can make you (more) popular in some diving clubs 😂
I guess it's a good way to become friend with locals. :)
This thread has pictures of TEK3 and DST.

I have the TEK3 myself and while all the hoses are pointing down, that forces to curve a bit the hoses to get them routed. There is nothing wrong with that but some people prefer the DST routing.
Sweet, that looks fairly reasonable. Thanks.

go onto google and search for the navy experimental dive unit testing TM. you can download the pdf for free. the problem is most scuba manufactures do not give you the test data, just claims. you can physically see the testing, ranges, and criteria from the navy testing. i live and dive up here in the pacific northwest. i can say from hundreds of hours of reading that the apeks mtxr, Poseidon extreme, mares abyss 22, and interspiro are the best of the best of best. they are the only regulators and first stages we can see the test parameters on and the naval testing is no joke. other brands may claim they are the best but until i see the test data or them wearing nedu badge from the navy its all talk. type in NEDU TM 15-01 and you can see the data for yourself. i attached it as well

Attachments

• NEDU Test Parameters.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 118
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom