Coco View Roatan - Dive flags required for dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last visit 20 years ago
.... rules and regulations are in a state of constant change in the diving world
sdm

CCV used to ask you for your C Card. They no longer do.

That’s about the totality of what has changed. The only hard and fast “rule” is to advise your DM if you are planning to exceed “X” stated depth so they know not to chase you.

They still have tres leche cake on Fridays.

You typically do a morning boat dive on the way is, you have th option of diving CoCoView Wall or Newmans Wall followed by a shore exit. You do a repeat in the afternoon.
Honestly, this is one of the things I did not like about CCV. Those two walls got a little boring after a while, as did the long swim up the slope to the resort afterwards, in crappy viz. I'm sure others have had better viz. We didn't.

Honestly, this is one of the things I did not like about CCV. Those two walls got a little boring after a while, as did the long swim up the slope to the resort afterwards,

My experience at CCV mirrors yours. Long swim out along the pvc trail, up to the wreck, pick a direction, it's all pretty much the same. Dull, lifeless walls, and the best part? They take you out on the boat to a decent site for the first of the two dives, and then the boat drops you back at the house walls so you get to see them again as you swim back to the resort. No thanks. Not on my list of repeats.

I like Newman's wall much better than CocoView wall. I think many people go too deep. I saw a lot more life a the top of the wall than 60 feet down. One of my favorite areas is right around the safety stop buoy. If you go looking, there is lots to find.

I really like to night dive, and the front yard is a great location with easy navigation.

Watch the tides and ask the guides the best days. It can be murky around the wreck, but we had some awesome dives with great visibility.

Here's the turtle that visited us at the safety stop buoy one night...

MICR0294a.jpg

Reactions: Doc
No doubt there was much more life in the shallows above the walls. Too bad nobody told us this as part of the pre-trip dive briefing given by the resort. I figured it out towards the end of the week.

All you have to do is alter your drop off dives on Newman’s and CoCo View wall by 5 feet, and its a completely different dive.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom