Coco View Roatan - Dive flags required for dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to Coco View for the first time and I realized I have not seen any postings about dive flags.
Is it not required for beach dives?
Not an issue for night dives?
Thanks.

You typically do a morning boat dive on the way is, you have th option of diving CoCoView Wall or Newmans Wall followed by a shore exit. You do a repeat in the afternoon. If you feel like 4 dives per is not enough, you can do as many afternoon, early morning and night dives as you can handle. When I was there last, no flags were required.

Suggest contacting Coco view - rules and regulations are in a state of constant change in the diving world sdm

Contacted and awaiting an answer but I expect as you and others have said - not an issue... :)

Or just ask @Doc - our CCV expert.

Been to CCV 6 times....what's a dive flag? :wink:

Just don't surface in the channel between CCV and FI as there can be some traffic.

Reactions: Doc
We took a Barefoot Divers boat over to the Prrinz Albert one morning about 11am.

Our captain was careful to give the route from CCV a wide berth when we left.

There was a group in the water near the resort when we arrived but they were done. My group didn't see anyone else on the wreck either and he knew that since their DM went on the dive also.

Back
Top Bottom