CoCo View or Anthony’s Key?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want to say thank you for all the input! Hubby and I are heading Roatan way in May. Was juggling the same resorts. We are both divers so I'm choosing CCV.. We are 60 and 58... so those steps at AKR were really a challenge to me! Knee replacement already! I don't know what is considered newbie, middie, advanced... we've had a lot of "private" diving, so I do feel we are a little more advanced than one would think... We are only at 20+ dives... but most of them have been just us and the divemaster... very blessed and thankful! AOW and want to get nitrox when we head to Roatan!!! The more diving the better for us two... any suggestions for us are welcome!

If you want a LOT of quality diving CCV can`t be beat. One of the few land based operations where you can easily do 5 dives a day. With your knees though there is a walk after the drop off dive of around 100 ft. I think you can drop your tank at the racks on the seaside of the restaurant though. But it is all level.

Do either Cocos or Akr offer private guides? Is that helpful or necessary? Not excited of prospect of being paired with large group with wildly different air use.

Do either Cocos or Akr offer private guides? Is that helpful or necessary? Not excited of prospect of being paired with large group with wildly different air use.
When I was at CCV, there were 2 types of boat dives. The first dive was always guided. It was not a private guide, but they served as the guide for the boat. The 2nd dive was always in the "Back Yard" and consisted on one of two walls (depending on time of day) and the local wreck. No guide is needed on this dive because the very first dive you do when you get there will be a tour of the Back Yard. Over the course of your visit, you will have the opportunity to dive this spot twice a day or more. You will not need a guide on this site.

When I was at CCV, there were 2 types of boat dives. The first dive was always guided. It was not a private guide, but they served as the guide for the boat. The 2nd dive was always in the "Back Yard" and consisted on one of two walls (depending on time of day) and the local wreck. No guide is needed on this dive because the very first dive you do when you get there will be a tour of the Back Yard. Over the course of your visit, you will have the opportunity to dive this spot twice a day or more. You will not need a guide on this site.
I would like more diversity than this

I've been to CCV once. It was fine, quite laid back, the food was simple.
The BIG point though was the Viz; CCV was so bad my wife will not return there.
The swim back up the hill to the resort was like lights-out cave training.
Perhaps that was unusual, perhaps not, but it is now off our list.

I would like more diversity than this
I agree. I always prepped two tanks (checked the NITROX O2 levels) but I usually just skipped the 2nd dive.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Bicker Battle deleted.
Please keep it on-topic and not on-person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom