Cochrane Gemini Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A few years ago I purchased a Cochrane Gemini for rebreather diving that would hopefully move forward toward tech diving. I have experienced terrible service with my computer (and wors with the ervice department) in the past and here again, after a year or so since Cochrane had my computer for over 4 months (yea, 4 months) I have to send it in again for another charge of over $365. I just don't see me buying another cochrane (I have enough conch shells for paper weights).

Im currently not moving in the tech diver training direction but one never knows. What recommendations for a Cochrane like computer? I like hoseless computers, mutlti gas etc. On the hand what would be a good choice for a hoseless computer for the sport diver?

Doug

I dive Cochrane computers, have so for may years, and two devices. No problems with them. If I was to change.... Sheerwater.....

Bob:
I have seen your posts in the past about your good fortune with Cochrane but mine has been just the oposite. I was truly enthusiastic about the computer but malfunction at night dive in Catalina (replaced the WU), not working prior to a dive in the Keys (twice) warnings flashing during the dive etc its hard to trust the unit. I hate to spend the extra money too. Oh well, it happens.

I like my Shearwater Petrel. Big display, easy downloads and updates via usb Bluetooth rather than a silly, overpriced, proprietary cable.

I believe you will get bombarded with the same response from others.

What WB2GLP said, plus a plug for Shearwater's very user friendly customer service. I just sold my Predator backup and bought a second Petrel, they're great computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom