Cobalt 2 Power Adapter USB-C

How much would you pay for a USB-C power adapt?

• $0 - Exchange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $10 - Exchange

• $70 - New

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m selling Firewire cables for the Orca Edge.

I’m selling Firewire cables for the Orca Edge.
Close but no banana. I need a Thunderbolt4 cable for my Orca Edge.

I need a new internal bag for my SOS decometer.

Thanks ev
Gentlemen, I think we've been fooled.

After re-reading the original post, it sounds like maybe he's trying to SELL aftermarket chargers for the cobalt 2. Potentially taking old OEM adapters on trade? He hasn't been back on SB since making his first post to start this thread...
Thank you for reading it carefully. Yes I am going to de-solder miniUSB and re-solder the USB-C connector.
I was trying to gauge the interest in the community for this.

Two pack of adapters is $7 on amazon. Then you can plug a usb-c cable into that cobalt box. If you're handy with electronics, I'm sure you could desolder the mini-b connector and put a usb-c connector on there in its place.
I have these, and they are terrible for travel. Atomic should update the connector.
The EU is also making USB-C standard on devices in the coming years, Atomic may be forced to be compliant.

Can you explain why they are terrible for travel?
Sure thing, just to be clear, it still is a pain while at home but more tolerable. It is an extra connector to carry, and makes the $50 Cobalt specific adapter more prone to breaking, due to an adapter sticking out of connecter. I either have to carry, an extra power adapter, this dongle, along with the cobalt connector, which if I loose either one my trip can be ruined. I am already bringing phone and other electronics that charge off of USB-C, this should just be another item that is compatible.

I have these, and they are terrible for travel. Atomic should update the connector.
The EU is also making USB-C standard on devices in the coming years, Atomic may be forced to be compliant.
Since the Cobalt was discontinued by Huish Outdoors a couple of years ago, I don't think you are going to see any new adapters for it from them. That adapter design predates the USB-C standard even being published by 4 years, and for most of the Cobalt's production USB-C was not very common.

That said, as the original designers/ developers of the Cobalt's electronics and firmware, we are developing new computers, and USB-C is the connection we will be using in new products.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom