Cobalt 1 Button Magnets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ranbal

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

My wife and I both have the Cobalt1 computers and have once again been plagued with the non-working buttons. Always a different button. We used to have a LDS nearby that would replace the necessary magnet and that would fix the problem until a different magnet rusted up and needed replacing. Unfortunately, our LDS no longer is in operation and I currently have a "select" button that is no longer working.

Does Atomic sell the necessary magnets that I would need? I would love to have a misc kit of sorts to be able to replace rusted magnets on the fly if necessary. It is an easy enough task and really do not want to send in our computers for repair each time this happens.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Randy

Hi RandyMy apologies for the consistent issue with the magnets....It has really been an arduous process coming up with the solution for those magnets. We did finally come up with a way of sealing the entire magnet without creating a strength issue with its reaction to the PCB board. This was not easy to do and took about 3 years. I am happy to send out one of our sealed magnet kits at warranty directly to you. Please PM me your address and I will send one direct from the Atomic Aquatics facility. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for reaching out to us.Kind Regards,Ryan KenneyHuish Outdoors/Atomic Aquatics

Hi RandyMy apologies for the consistent issue with the magnets....It has really been an arduous process coming up with the solution for those magnets. We did finally come up with a way of sealing the entire magnet without creating a strength issue with its reaction to the PCB board. This was not easy to do and took about 3 years. I am happy to send out one of our sealed magnet kits at warranty directly to you. Please PM me your address and I will send one direct from the Atomic Aquatics facility. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for reaching out to us.Kind Regards,Ryan KenneyHuish Outdoors/Atomic Aquatics
Top notch service.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Hello, I bought my Cobalt in 2012, works great and I really like the computer. I just pulled it out to prepare for a dive trip and I'm having the issue with one of the buttons not working properly compared to the other three, it works but I really have to mash it, you're post says there is a replacement part for it, can you advise me on how to get the part. I imagine this will be the last dive I'll do without replacing the button.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick,

I'd suggest you try calling or emailing Atomic service directly, Adan's email is adan.campos@huishoutdoors.com. It's very easy to replace the button magnets, the new ones are fully encapsulated and have no problem with rusting. If the button you are having trouble with is an essential one- Select or Back- you can swap either the Up or Down button out with it to get by until you have new replacements. I will send you a link to the instructions for removing the cover and accessing the keypad.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom