Coast Guard medevacs diver showing signs of decompression sickness from boat 100 miles off Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool ....

Definitely the Fling. I’d know those 6 sided picnic tables anywhere.

" He was last reported to be in stable condition "
Until he saw the bill for the helicopter ride and the dive boat's paperwork said "no refunds" too.

Until he saw the bill for the helicopter ride and the dive boat's paperwork said "no refunds" too.
The Coast Guard’s charges are very reasonable. As in free.

I watched a CG Dauphin winch a diver off of Wookies boat once. Pretty cool. Glad I was watching rather then participating.

The Coast Guard’s charges are very reasonable. As in free.

I watched a CG Dauphin winch a diver off of Wookies boat once. Pretty cool. Glad I was watching rather then participating.

Kenny in the basket.jpg

comments say OOA. wonder what happened there.....
He did run out of air at 20 feet. And embolized. Bloody froth and the whole frigging rigging. Fling has a paramedic on staff and happened to have a neurosurgeon on the boat that day.

'Glad, for the rest of the folks on board, that casualty was evacuated by helicopter, and Fling did not have to return to port; thus avoiding the ruin, of any more dives. 🚁

'Glad, for the rest of the folks on board, that casualty was evacuated by helicopter, and Fling did not have to return to port; thus avoiding the ruin, of any more dives. 🚁
It’s not a thought that crossed my mind until you mentioned it.

It’s not a thought that crossed my mind until you mentioned it.
It is why we were so adamant that people not run out of air or break the recreational depth limit. I personally don't want to limit peoples diving, but it just isn't fair to the other folks on the boat who paid good money to be there as well.

We were called the nanny boat for it. I didn't much care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom