CNY on Nusa Lembongan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How was the weather and can you remember what temp it was when you saw the Molas?

I also believe if you dont think of seeing one or talk about it youre more likely to encounter one.
I have no desire to nor will I ever see a Mola or speak of one again.:D

My wife spotted the Mola2. We were diving along the sloping reef, and about 25m she started to look into blue. She saw a far away shadow that looks more vertical than horizontal. She gets this look (as a professional photographer) when she sees something interesting in the distance. As the sunfish approached us, at about 30m, she was going nuts, imitating a Mola2. Then out of the shadows, a second one appears. My guess our dive buddy, Andre, took the photos at about 32m. The water was a bit cooler, but no noticeable thermocline. We were warm in our 3mm wetsuits. The next dive was a let down.

I also believe if you dont think of seeing one or talk about it youre more likely to encounter one.
There is another way of "cheating" destiny, which is saying you're aiming another target, it worked espacially well for me in Nusa Lembongan.
We came across a thresher shark on the dive where we focused on Mola², and the year after we canceled crystal bay (Mola²) for Manta bay (mantas)... We didn't spot any mantas but 3 Mola². :D

Hey wait, I just uncovered my secret hint .. I now will have to "inception" a way of cheating... maybe faking to look for Molas in a manta place with a thresher sharks state of mind, probably I'll find a whale shark. Damn it!

Worked for just about everything for me except those pesky rubber legged things with the blue round bits... and theres not much I havent seen on my list to cross off really! Even the last trip to RA...the one damn night dive I decided to sit out ..guess what they all saw??? And that was the only one seen in all the 10 days GRRRRR

We are back in Bali for work - although on Saturday, we will dive Tepekong and Mimpang. Expeditions for these dives: getting wet, watching the sunrise, and entering our own private fish paradise.

Worked for just about everything for me except those pesky rubber legged things with the blue round bits... and theres not much I havent seen on my list to cross off really! Even the last trip to RA...the one damn night dive I decided to sit out ..guess what they all saw??? And that was the only one seen in all the 10 days GRRRRR
A Blueberry Spaghetti Monster? You got me stumped.

Hey, my buddy and I just returned from Turks and Caicos last night. While there we visited with a guy who convinced us that we needed to check out Lembeh. It sounds like you're quite experienced with the area. What accommodation/dive ship/site websites should we check out?

@revsippy just search through the threads for lembeh recommendations, I thin Lembeh is one of those places where almost all the Ops have a good reputation everything from budget to luxury. But thats Off topic...

Back
Top Bottom