Club Med Turks and Caicos - recent experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeabroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have recent experience with the Club Med on Providenciales? I'm interested in the hotel, of course, but mainly in their dive operation. For some reason I have the idea that they stick fairly close to home, in Grace Bay, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has dived with them lately.

Or, conversely, what would a good, convenient dive operator be for someone staying at that Club Med?

thanks!

Haven't been to club med TCI but have been to TCI many times. Have heard the Club Med dive boats do indeed stick close to home which means average to below average diving right out front in Grace Bay. If you really want to dive the TCI contact Fifi at Caicos Adventures. He has a bus that picks up at all of the resorts. Best dive op on the island IMHO.

Just got back from a trip to Provo. Two of fellow divers on boat where staying at Club Med, they were single and there for the entertainment value, but they said the diving operation was not to their liking and dove along with us with Fifi (Cacicos Adventures) They have free shuttle bus that picks up at the Club Med, but while the dive experience in West Caicos is much better, it will occupy more time in your day. Instead of finishing for and back for lunch and beach, they serve subs on the boat, and I would expect you wouldn't get back till about 3:00 PM. John

The Club Med in TCI has a decent dive op. I went there 2 years ago. They are very conservative, and always lead group dives with about 2 DM's (1 in front, one in back). I did enjoy the diving there. The viz and temp can't be beat, and has some very healthy reef life. If you can do it, make sure to book a trip to West Caicos with them, it's an all day trip, but definitley worth it. That little island's diving is WAY better than grace bay. It's about a hour and half boat ride.

Speaking of boats, Club Med's are top notch, best boats I've ever been on. They have two large brand new catamarans which although they carry too many divers for my liking, the boat is never crowded.

BTW, if you stay at Club Med, you will have a blast, it's a huge party after the sun sets. Just remember to book one of the renovated rooms close to the dive shop. They are doing a major overhaul of their rooms (some which are downright disgusting), so book the fresh ones.

Dive safe.

Book with FiFi at Caicos Adventures if your looking for the best diving possible with no restrictions in the Turks. If you want just a fair dive on a cattle boat with several restrictions the stay with Club Med instead.

Back
Top Bottom