Close Call! What's the deal TSA...?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This new requirement of no one moves or has anything in their lap the last hour tho? Sounds like they just did that to look busy, huh? So dumb...!

Not so dumb if you think about it really, real hard.

Unless you're predisposed to think all "governmental" regulations are ill-conceived, unless you are anti-authority as a basis/starting point. Then, nothing makes sense or fits logic.

It's really quite obvious as to why they might institute this rule. Think about it.

It's not likely to have much effect, but.... this is how bureaucracies react. Very logical to someone in that business.

Want to talk about botched security? Anyone watch the tapes of the Pope getting attacked and how the doofus dark-suited Swiss Guards reacted? (Running from the front of the Church? Classic stupid.) Much less as to how they knew the attacker pretty well?

This airline incident was a test, kids.

A hermetically sealed plastic "film tin" canister/container (like a tiny Pelican case- catch my drift?) and a syringe (any Diabetics flying these days?)... carried by being taped to the groin? Ummm... where don't they search ? Could it be... "on the person" ? (other than for metallic objects)

Anyone else here seeing a test? (I mean, besides the evil Bureaucratic Goons and their enforcers, the TSA?) PETN Binary is not something you pick up at the Walmart, even in Yemen.

I am just amazed that this guy survived after he was neutralized by the passengers. I'll bet somebody really gave him a few good shots just to make sure he was "out"... before "assisting" him to the First Class cabin and stripping him naked to make sure he wasn't further armed. And where did they get the duct tape? That's a prohibited item, as well.

Not so dumb if you think about it really, real hard.

I guess I must be dumb. I am missing the point of this rule other than the knee jerk reaction of our bureaucratic morons. Please enlighten me.

This airline incident was a test, kids.

Totally Agree on this point

Last edited:
The new rules are coming out. No one leaves their seat, goes to an overhead bin, nor has anything in their lap for the last hour of the flight. Hell, that's when I wake up and got to pee. :eek: What makes them think the last hour is so special? So they move the action up to halfway over the ocean...?

....I think I'm gonna buy stock in whatever company manufactures 'Depends'....these are gonna be very popular soon within the 'traveling by air' public.......

Yeah, I don't like the silly games or uneducated agents we sometimes get, but I would suggest that everyone on the "U.S. database of people with suspect connections" should be screened heavily, if not put on the "no fly list." BTW, security agents in foreign countries are required to screen per TSA standards, per TSA instructions, and we pay a lot for that to happen.

Couldn't agree more! If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a flippin' duck! Just one more example of being afraid of hurting some groups feelings almost getting a few hundred people killed. We're at war, act like it.

....the view 'it was a test run' has some merit.....but IMHO, a real 'test' would fall short of 'detonation'....the tester would limit himself/herself to boarding/unboarding the flight with security being completely oblivious to what happened.....this terrorist has now compromised the weapon's design/materials 'technology giving the authorities more time to develop countermeasures.

What's wrong with being anti-authoritarian? About the only thing the Federal government is truly good at is killing people and sponging off productive citizens.

....the view 'it was a test run' has some merit.....but IMHO, a real 'test' would fall short of 'detonation'....the tester would limit himself/herself to boarding/unboarding the flight with security being completely oblivious to what happened.....this terrorist has now compromised the weapon's design/materials 'technology giving the authorities more time to develop countermeasures.
Maybe he was run #2. Test run made it all the way to the US last week. This guy was doing the detonation test..

Anyone else here seeing a test? (I mean, besides the evil Bureaucratic Goons and their enforcers, the TSA?) PETN Binary is not something you pick up at the Walmart, even in Yemen.

I am just amazed that this guy survived after he was neutralized by the passengers. I'll bet somebody really gave him a few good shots just to make sure he was "out"... before "assisting" him to the First Class cabin and stripping him naked to make sure he wasn't further armed. And where did they get the duct tape? That's a prohibited item, as well.

......unfortunately, I'll bet the 'PETN binary' actually IS available at Walmarts in Yemen...on aisle 14, between the semtex and the U 235 .....

Maybe he was run #2. Test run made it all the way to the US last week. This guy was doing the detonation test..

...well, remember, the 911 gang took out 4 planes simultaneously, knowing they had to make it count, as it likely wouldn't be quite so easy the 2nd time around.....so I'd have thought, if THIS were the real deal, we'd have several simultaneous copy-cat attacks...not just one.

......unfortunately, I'll bet the 'PETN binary' actually IS available at Walmarts in Yemen...on aisle 14, between the semtex and the U 235 .....

:D On the shelf below the "ode de Camel Butt" cologne.

Back
Top Bottom