Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
This is the funniest thread I have read in a long time. I have tears in my eyes and nearly pee'd myself laughing so hard.

at least you're in something comfortable now.

I was glad the LDS showed me how to get out of my BARE hooded chicken vest, makes a big difference.

Pete

hlsooner:
I tried on my new Bare hooded vest for the first time at home by myself. The Bare vests have a glideskin material that really sticks to the skin if you are not wet. I had the same experience of getting the hood half way off and then nearly freaking out as I thrashed around like a dog with a blanket placed over him. Nearly dislocated my shoulder in the process. Moral of the story, don't try on hooded vests by yourself.

boulderjohn:
So I went into the dressing room to try on a new hooded vest. It had some kind of a slick inner lining that is supposed to cling to your skin. It certainly did. It was a tad tight, and I had a difficult time getting it on.

Getting it off was even harder, I pulled on it with everything I had, and my now heavily perspired skin seemed to make moving it impossible. I managed to get it halfway off, and then I realized two things:
  1. It really wasn't going anywhere.
  2. I couldn't breathe.

The mouth and nose area were surrounded by wet suit. As the hypercapnia breathing reflex swept over me, I managed to pull the hood down and breathe. Once my breathing returned to normal, I gave it another shot. Same result. I thought I was having a near death experience, but the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be coming through the face hole in the hood.

I managed to pull it back on fully and went out to the floor, where I got help to peel it off.

Questions:

If I had died, would this have been considered a scuba accident?

Should I notify DAN?

this is surely where a snorkel could have been put to good use...to pry the hood off :D

You should have started slashing at it with your knife.

ok, by post 7 im laughing so hard im crying!

my boss even crossed the floor to ask me if i was ok

good thing its my lunchtime as busted on SB big time

5 more pages to read!!!

Hmmm with all this streching and sweating, tells me not to buy an off the rack suit. It would probable be like renting one from an LDS.

Is that better or worse than being a needle weenie? :cwmddd:

catherine96821:
was there any water nearby? Hyperstretch, try it.

Was the hood a Pinnacle?

(you scared me, I thought this would be another guy traumatized by a breastfeeding woman in the fitting room....)

TimAZ:
Last year a regular customer brought his 15 year old daughter into my LDS to try on a semi-dry suit and promptly left. The girl got the suit on, but couldn't get back out and I was the only person in the store. To make matters worse, she hadn't brought a swimsuit to wear under the wetsuit. Thank God we were able to reach her grandparents and get them down to the shop to help her out. I was ready to call the fire department and let them cut the suit off her. Poor girl was crying her eyes out, but thought it was funny after ordeal was over.
opps - this happened last year with almitychild... she was lying on our bed and hubby and i each had a leg pushing and pulling at the wetsuit and in the meantime her legs are flying about and the child (12) was laughing loudly and yelling out "dont pull my legs off" and im sure at least once a "youre hurting me". at some point hubby said "i cant do this-im expecting the police to show up" and just walked out

And I thought I was the only one.
I had hard time fitting into 3mm wetsuit (I am lucky to dive in tropical water but 3mm is almost the thickest thing I could bear), until now I had to wear it 15 minutes before others, I admit, I bought it a little..too small.

When I first bought my 0.5mm I slipped in so easily that I was so happy, the dive shop lady asked me to go out to let her to see. And I went out proudly, doing fashion show, and apparantely... I wore it the wrong side, the zipper was in front (should be in the back) and all the while I was trying, I kept wondering what were the two dangling extra spaces on my back?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom