Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing thread. I am at work and laughing ass off. I can relate to a lot of these. Never dress alone.

My story is with a hood. I was out on my first OW dive and picked out a hood that was the "right" size for me. I got it on with no trouble and headed out to the water. I did my first dive and came up and got my tank re-filled and headed back to the water. I come out after the second dive and we are taking a lunch break so I decided to take the hood off. I gave my hood a tug from the bottom of the face hole and up it went...sort of. I got it over my mouth and nose and could not get it off. I then realized that it is really hard to breath with a hood over you face and nose...in fact it is impossible. I regained composure and pulled the hood back down so I could breath and attempt it again. The second attempt went much better, and resulting in the hood coming off. I was talking to one of my friends that took the class with me and I said I wonder what the headlines would have read. "Local Man Dies After Battle With Hood."

or would it say "Local Man Dies After Battle IN THE HOOD":rofl3:

:lol:

I feel so bad for everyone. I have a perfect fitting 5mm wetsuit. Served me well in 17 degrees in Sydney, and in the GBR. And now that I have some neoprene socks, getting the thing onto my legs is a dream. My one incident, however, was when I first got it and I was desperately trying to pull the arms on, and my hand slipped off the neoprene and my thumbnail sliced into my lower eyelid...as if the cut wasn't bad enough to start the dive...by the end of it it looked I'd gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson. Thankfully, that was not the same dive I had massive subconjunctival haemorrhageing from forgetting about mask squeeze!

Catherine- Why did you ask if it was a Pinnacle? I just bought a Pinnacle hooded vest and I'm having some difficulty with how it fits my face. I was drawn to this post in answer to my original post asking best way to trim the soft seal.

Is it a bad thing to read this thread and then join the club with everyone else?

I was fitting my compass boot and needed to see if the lines were the right length. Note to self, just put on the whole suit, not just the arm. Ended up with one arm in and a roll at the wrist- had a head cold, not thinking straight- tug on sleeve above the roll, and my hand slips and I ended up punching myself right in the upper lip. I guess I know what it would feel like to be punched in the face.

I didn't break any teeth, thank goodness, but when I came back upstairs, hubby goes "what happened to you?"

Oh boy!

Honest my husband doesn't abuse me I did it to myself.. it involved a lot of rubber and well.....
headache.gif

Honest my husband doesn't abuse me I did it to myself.. it involved a lot of rubber and well.....
headache.gif

I don't know if that sounds much better :tongue::wink:

and yes DE that is bad. :D

I love this thread...

I love this thread to - but can't laugh to loud since I really, really needed help getting off my fins wearing trial dry suit rock boots (I'm not providing details, except they were crazy stuck, there are already enough laughs here)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom