Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I borrowed a suit from a friend to take my OW. I tried it on while my 8 year old napped. It fit great. I wandered around the house for a few minutes thinking how cool I was. Then it woldn't come off. I couldn't get over my shoulders. (There was no hood) Finally I wake the kid up to help. He grabs the shoulders and pulls. Nothing. He grabs the shoulders and pulls and plants his foot where no foot should go on a man and then pulls. Somehow between my spasms of pain and his pulling I got out.
I love diving but I only have one child.

This was a great story! Ha! Ha! Loved it! That is something that would have soooo happened to me! :)

I borrowed a suit from a friend to take my OW. I tried it on while my 8 year old napped. It fit great. I wandered around the house for a few minutes thinking how cool I was. Then it woldn't come off. I couldn't get over my shoulders. (There was no hood) Finally I wake the kid up to help. He grabs the shoulders and pulls. Nothing. He grabs the shoulders and pulls and plants his foot where no foot should go on a man and then pulls. Somehow between my spasms of pain and his pulling I got out.
I love diving but I only have one child.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Again, priceless

First time in my new Drysuit was just like trying to go back up the birth canal. I begged someone for a scalpel. It can really be traumatic - I have alot more respect for babies now

Padi and NAUI should include a dressing course training, and I agree solo dressing is not a good practice, I rader have company for undressing :) :)

So there I was. No ****. When I got my first (the key word here is "first"..) dry suit, I did it allllll right. Everything was perfect and I was even able to look quasi-cool when I did the drowning wildabeast dance to get it on and off. So on to the first time I actually used it. In the sea. In February. 10 degrees celsius..... Okay, I ready. I am in a dry suit. I am prepared (insert lion's roar here).
We gear up, telling jokes and having fun... Safety/buddy/ all done. In we go. Descent... Damn. I don't Feel dry and warm. I feel like ice cubes are running down my arm and in my suit, and I seem to be negatively bouyant all of a sudden... Oh ****! 10 degrees is COLD!!! I am sooo sinking on one side- water is just flowing in. Up up back to boat. On boat. Frozen wildabeast dance to take off this thing.
You may need to know at this point that my darling 8 year old daughter KNOWS that I typically hate tight things around my neck and wrists. So she decided to help mommy. She cut little slices in the rubber seals AND the suit. She didn't want mommy to feel claustrophibic... Isn't that sweet? And mommy was too stupid to notice until the suit started filling up with freezing water....
Which is why it is the First dry suit..... Warranty did not apply. Can Haley say "goodbye college car money?". Mommy can. Oh hell, mommy and daddy spent that on dive gear years ago anyway...
onon.
Zen

You may need to know at this point that my darling 8 year old daughter KNOWS that I typically hate tight things around my neck and wrists. So she decided to help mommy. She cut little slices in the rubber seals AND the suit. She didn't want mommy to feel claustrophobic... Isn't that sweet? And mommy was too stupid to notice until the suit started filling up with freezing water...
:rofl4:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom