Clive Cussler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May he rest in peace.
Unfortunatly, for the last 10 years, he has written a smaller % of each book that came out with his name on it, than the year before.
I feel sorry for all the writers working in his sweat shop. Hopefully, some of them will be able to make it on their own.

Michael
I LOVE the co-writing that he does with other authors, it adds slightly different styles, but always a high level of action, plot twists and unexpected good and bad luck. There are Character arcs for both good and bad people, and always the changing state of the art tech, even in historical novels.
A single person writing that volume and variety of books would have burnt out long ago, or got in a boring, sleepwalking rut.
I have faith that Clive's Son Dirk will keep the “Clive Cussler School Of Literature” thriving with new and exciting novels for years to come! The Spirit Of Clive Cussler will live on!

I have enjoyed many of Cussler's books, especially while reading them out in the sun by the dive park. He dove on the King Neptune although I wasn't on board that day.

I had the great pleasure of meeting him briefly along with Ralph Wilbanks while we were searching for the Andaste and 2501 on Lake Michigan. His work to hunt down civil war ironclads and submarines is quite overlooked (with exception to the Hunley).

I hope his legacy will carry on and more discoveries will happen under NUMA.

I am reading Trojan Odyssey right now. His books are my favorite for vacation, they give me a little extra inspiration to adventure more!

Very sad to hear of his passing, but it definitely seems like he had a great run and accomplished a lot.

RIP Clive Cussler. I enjoyed your books and you made the DOXA dive watch famous. Thanks for the stories. My DOXA Sharkhunter is #735 Clive Cussler Edition.

IMG-0426.jpg

IMG-0424.jpg

N

Attachments

• IMG-0423.jpg
    IMG-0423.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 115
I had the great pleasure of meeting him briefly along with Ralph Wilbanks while we were searching for the Andaste and 2501 on Lake Michigan. His work to hunt down civil war ironclads and submarines is quite overlooked (with exception to the Hunley).

I hope his legacy will carry on and more discoveries will happen under NUMA.

That's my hope his work and writing will continue thru his son.

Nice! But no orange face?

No, I am a Sharkhunter guy. Sorry Clive, I do like the orange but prefer the black. At least it has his name which is pretty cool. And it makes Rolex guys drool.

N

No, I am a Sharkhunter guy. Sorry Clive, I do like the orange but prefer the black. At least it has his name which is pretty cool. And it makes Rolex guys drool.

N

Me too!

I have Hammerhead Free Style 660FT a cheapo that runs and looks like a million bucks. :wink:

I use to watch a show called Sea Hunters back in the 90's , Mike and Warren searching for lost shipwrecks with Clive on board coaching the boys .
At the end of each show Clive would give a little spiel , he would always end with a classic line which went something like "get up off that couch and do something ! "
It actually motivated me , RIP Clive

Back
Top Bottom