Clipper Report 6/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today was even better than yesterday. Seas calmed to less than 2 feet. The current was strong to begin the day, but it felt as though it even subsided some by the last dive. The water was even bluer (if that is even a word) than yesterday. By high noon you could look down in the water and see the Clipper from the dive boat. To say it was a great day is an understatement. One of the divers on the boat put it best when he said he would normally have to spend thousands of dollars and countless hours in airports to reach diving like this. The water is so blue and the fish life so abundant and diverse I often have to pinch myself to realize that I am still in South Texas. I worked at American Diving 4 years ago when all we had to dive were sunken shrimp boats in 100 - 135 feet of water. usually viz was great until just before you got on top of a wreck and then it would go to crap right on the wreck. Having the Clipper here has truly made SPI a dive destination, not to mention the rigs that we have access to as well. Being able to see the ship from the surface today literally gave me goose bumps. I have some pictures. As soon as I can get them uploaded I will share them with you all.

Bryan

freedvr,

Thanks for posting the pics. They look great.

WOW, nice pics... I've now got a bad case of blue water envy :(

Back
Top Bottom