Clear Springs 07/12-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Air temp was hot. Upper 90's. The mornings had a nice breeze, but it tended to lay down in the afternoon. Hot and still is tough.

I marked the surface temp around 84-86. The thermal is sitting just above 30 feet where it normally is this time of year.

The visibility is what suprised me the most. I could see the tops of the platforms from the surface. That's 20 foot vis. Granted this is on the south end. I was told the north is a little more mucked up.

Our platform has a bluegill with a notch out of his back. Most likely a cormorant injury. It has a serious attitude problem. It tagged 3 different ears. Mine included.

Good students. Good weekend diving.

TwoBit

Tom I saw you over there today/Sunday.....you were busy with students so I felt it best not to stop and bother you. Glad you had a great day. I packed up prior to my 3rd. dive when the weather turned stormy, but had 2 nice dives- #1 @ 87min. #2 @ 111min. :)

Alan,

There's still time to get your money's worth out of a season pass.

Alan,

There's still time to get your money's worth out of a season pass.

Craig.... as gas prices and vehicle maintenance issues have forced me to stay much more 'local' in much of my diving this year, you may just be on to something--lol. I have taken advantage of the oppt. to spend this summer doing long dives to better get my monies worth and continue to work on extended time diving.

Chiming in:
I may still pony up the money for a season pass. My logic mostly aligns with TexDiveGuy. I haven't had any vehicle issues, yet. But with gas prices, it is pretty easy to run an economics difference analysis between CSSP and any other 'local' dive site to see that gasoline is the primary cost & cost difference. It is then easy to show that CSSP is a bargain.

Chiming in:
I may still pony up the money for a season pass. My logic mostly aligns with TexDiveGuy. I haven't had any vehicle issues, yet. But with gas prices, it is pretty easy to run an economics difference analysis between CSSP and any other 'local' dive site to see that gasoline is the primary cost & cost difference. It is then easy to show that CSSP is a bargain.

very true, except the stupid high gas fill prices out there, but soon I will be able to not have to worry about that. :D I'm sure I will get a season pass before to long for a lot of reasons, but mainly cause its close.

Ryan, I don't know if your exception to this analysis is really true or not. Run your own Excel spreadsheet of CSSP vs. Lake Murray. You might be surprised. I ran my spreadsheet with gasoline prices of $2, $2.50, $3, $3.50 and $4. You might be surprised at where the 'break-even' point is.

Ryan, I don't know if your exception to this analysis is really true or not. Run your own Excel spreadsheet of CSSP vs. Lake Murray. You might be surprised. I ran my spreadsheet with gasoline prices of $2, $2.50, $3, $3.50 and $4. You might be surprised at where the 'break-even' point is.

I really should do that some time, But right now where im living Murray is not that much farther away, so -20 for entry and -9 for extra price of fills I might break even on it. Specially with a car that gets 25 MPG on the highway.

Just wondering, if one where to get a season pass, can you go out their at anytime?

You can go anytime when they're open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

If you want to go out Mon-Thurs, call ahead and make an appointment with Robert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom