Clean Up Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is going to head up the tube stake grilling brigade? Did you want to post some kind of a food sign up sheet and make an event out of it?

Also, right now people are filling up the area pretty quick -- they are getting there on Friday night and are putting their boats in the water right at the shore. We probably ought to get a volunteer or two to spend the night and keep the place roped off. Just a thought.

Camping out Friday night sounds great! My girlfriend wants to join us too so if anybody wants to bring their "significant other" they should feel free (besides, somebody has to schlep our gear and clean up after us:shakehead:)

I don't have a grill but I can pick up some hot dogs and burgers and buns. Somebody can bring chips and sodas and after that just bring whatever camping culinary delights you wish. I would like to get an idea how many dogies and burgers to get so folks should post as a reply here so we can get a head count.

I ran into one of Maricopa County's Finest yesterday afternoon when I was leaving Two Cow cove and asked him about the possibility of roping off an area for the clean up. He said that he hadn't heard of anybody doing that before and that I should check with the park supervisor. he gave me her name and number so I'll call her and see.

Looking forward to my first night dive.

Steve.

That sounds cool! I may be interested - I'll check with my 'rents on what they have (as I don't have any camping gear still.)

I hmay be able to help out with some of the food - I have about 50 brats, 100 hamburgers, and 40 hot dogs on hand in the freezer at the moment (There's a reason for this - and no, I don't have a huge family.) I also have ~6-8 traffic cones that I could bring also to assist in "roping off" and area. I think that might be a good idea to help secure an area for the shops.

A night dive would be awesome! I have never done one - and would love to go play in the murk - I do have a good light that would be nice to finally play with.

My only thing is tanks - I am understanding that there will be someone that can fill there - because I will need to have 1 to 3 fills ideally.

Would love to come up for the clean-up, but can't get any of my fellow Tucsonans interested. On the off-chance I could share a ride with someone driving up from Tucson, please PM me!

That sounds cool! I may be interested - I'll check with my 'rents on what they have (as I don't have any camping gear still.)

I hmay be able to help out with some of the food - I have about 50 brats, 100 hamburgers, and 40 hot dogs on hand in the freezer at the moment (There's a reason for this - and no, I don't have a huge family.) I also have ~6-8 traffic cones that I could bring also to assist in "roping off" and area. I think that might be a good idea to help secure an area for the shops.

A night dive would be awesome! I have never done one - and would love to go play in the murk - I do have a good light that would be nice to finally play with.

My only thing is tanks - I am understanding that there will be someone that can fill there - because I will need to have 1 to 3 fills ideally.

If nothing else, Sports Chalet is about 10 miles away on I10 and Happy Valley Rd. I'll have 4 tanks with me but I'm planning on 1 night dive on Friday night and 3 dives on Saturday.

Steve.

I may come out on the morning of the 12 after work. Wont probably be there untill 9 or so, hopefully someone will still be up for a dive be then. :)

Jeff

FYI Inland Water Divers will have one of our gas compressors or spare cylinders at the lake on Saturday morning for those that come out to help with the clean up. This is a busy time for us so depending on who goes from the shop will determine what we bring to the lake. I have also sent an Email to my contact on the show asking for some support on closing off the area for the clean up. I am not sure if that can be done however I will advise when I hear back fron the park rep.

Would like to join you for the clean-up dive(s) on Saturday morning. The site is just west of the boat ramp on the south side of the lake?

That is correct, just west of the 10 lane boat ramp on the southwest corner of the lake. Access is on the west side of the lake off of Castle Hot Springs Rd. The park folks advised me today that they would not be able to close that portion of the lake for the clean up however they are going to be providing shore support and trash bags. We hope to see you there.

That is correct, just west of the 10 lane boat ramp on the southwest corner of the lake. Access is on the west side of the lake off of Castle Hot Springs Rd. The park folks advised me today that they would not be able to close that portion of the lake for the clean up however they are going to be providing shore support and trash bags. We hope to see you there.
Thanks for the response. See ya Saturday morning.

Back
Top Bottom