Suggestion Clean and Sober Thread Closed For...??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G

gratefuljames

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really having a hard time with the over-moderation of posts and threads on this board. If you want to live in a sanitized society, find one where the leader acts like a dictator making secret rulings allowing secret invasions of privacy by governmental entities without benefit of constiutional protections or warrants and...and...and...oh...errrr...ah....well, ok, you know what I mean! I'd like to know why my thread was closed? I don't see anything in there that violates TOS...anyone?

El Orans:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi
Or was the C&S club intended for recovering alcoholics?
That would be the logical conclusion.
That was certainly my understanding - for "recovering alcoholics and other addicts" as I understand the common term.

DandyDon:
That was certainly my understanding - for "recovering alcoholics and other addicts" as I understand the common term.

I did not take it that way. I took it as something along the lines of the proposed "Christian Diver Forum" without the direct religious relationship.

I heard they are shutting down ScubaBoard?

I heard they were shutting down the internet. Something about national security and the Patriot Act...

I was just wondering - we have a number of private forums on the board here. For instance, my being married precludes me from joining the singles forum. I also choose not to join that forum. On the general board, I don't see any of the posts in the private forums nor do I wish too.

Given that, why do we not allow Christian diver, clean and sober diver, atheist diver, fat diver, Democrat, Republican diver forums? I'm not saying we should necessarily, I'm just asking what the reasoning is. It seems like the goal is to generate discussion about diving and get people together to dive.

Also, I understand this is a privately owned site. The owner can do whatever the heck he wants. I respect that, and I still love it here.

wetrat

. . . because the number of forums could eventually come to equal the number of independent threads that were taking place.

Too many forums makes the board to unweildy to manage properly.

In fact, there was a paring down of forums not too long ago.

the K

Al Mialkovsky:
Draconian measures?

We have a TOS that we agree to adhere to when we join. I suggest reading it.
I think the first post in this thread is blatant violation of the TOS

wetrat:
I was just wondering - we have a number of private forums on the board here. For instance, my being married precludes me from joining the singles forum.
Actually, it doesn't. I believe that a number of married people regularly participate in that forum.

wetrat:
I also choose not to join that forum.
Quote so ... it's a matter of choice.

wetrat:
Given that, why do we not allow Christian diver, clean and sober diver, atheist diver, fat diver, Democrat, Republican diver forums? I'm not saying we should necessarily, I'm just asking what the reasoning is. It seems like the goal is to generate discussion about diving and get people together to dive.
Because adding forums also adds to the burden of managing them. One must always balance the advantages of a separate forum against the disadvantages of having to manage and maintain it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom