Classic Norte hits Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It closed at 2 pm Cozumel time as best I know , that would have been 1 PM in the high Texas Plains.
I was quoting local time, but ok.

Wind is picking up a bit more now It's howling thru around the balcony door here at Hotel Cozumel at 5:40

Looking a bit iffy for Thursday according to what I’m seeing on WG...

Looking a bit iffy for Thursday according to what I’m seeing on WG...
It looks like a strong south wind expected Thursday, but the angle of the island should shelter much of the reef until midnight.

We have 70°F shorts weather in the Texas panhandle today but 5" snow forecast tomorrow night. It looks like that norther will hit Cozumel Thursday night and wipe out Friday diving maybe.

The winds this week reminds me of covered wagons and Indians.
They just keep circling & circling. 27+ mph gusts now.

Looks like winds are from the south/southeast, though - is the port open?

“My name is Lisa and I am weather challenged.”

As I have understood (poorly) port and wind posts it looks like the upcoming weather is brisk but not “Norte“ and so I have some reason to be optimistic for my trip?

BF220139-B593-4BA4-8EE8-A90EAFA046CE.png

No worries there! Wednesday/Thursday might/will be a tad rough for Maricaibo/Punta Sur and definete no for Isolotte but otherwise beautiful.

I'd worry more if my son got to any restaraunt before you did

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom