Classic Norte hits Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No negative waves :D

upload_2020-2-13_19-5-30.png

I know it's early and the forecast could change, but am I interpreting this right that Thursday looks probably ok, Friday probably not, and Saturday iffy? Windspeed is in knots.

upload_2020-2-15_15-38-45.png

I know it's early and the forecast could change, but am I interpreting this right that Thursday looks probably ok, Friday probably not, and Saturday iffy? Windspeed is in knots.

View attachment 568213
Probably a fair assessment, but I wouldn’t write off any of the days just yet. There is a system coming through the Texas coast late Tuesday , but not certain it is carrying as much strength across the gulf as some previous nortes. Norte doesn’t look nearly as prominent on time lapse progression maps over the gulf.

Your windguru forecasts show a decent amount of East component to winds , which is a good thing (some other forecasts are more northerly, which is obviously bad ).

Bottom line, I think you are reading the risks correctly , but not at all certain yet. Given wind forecast direction for Saturday in particular, I really doubt it would be closed all day. Friday is clearly your highest risk day, but I wouldn’t count it out either just yet

Back
Top Bottom