Classic Norte hits Galveston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Galveston just had a short burst of heavy rain followed by predicted high North winds tonight and tomorrow Sunday. Might hit Cozumel on Monday or Tuesday but hopefully with a northeast wind—one hopes.

Dave Dillehay

Galveston just had a short burst of heavy rain followed by predicted high North winds tonight and tomorrow Sunday. Might hit Cozumel on Monday or Tuesday but hopefully with a northeast wind—one hopes.

Dave Dillehay
It was pretty tame when it came through Austin but when it went through Lake Charles (my mom lives there) it was pretty strong. Maybe that means it will miss Cozumel to the east. Hope springs eternal.

Looks bad for Cozumel Monday PM thru Tuesday.

Dave

It ain’t Monday night yet and it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

Yeah, here in Austin after a very tame frontal passage, the wind picked up considerably.

Sorry Divers, But it looks like port closure sometime Monday, thru Wednesday.

Dave Dillehay

I’m at SCC and doesn’t look good today. They’ve told us “check back at 10’ which some of us are taking as ‘have a fun day touring the island’. Seas have been rough since yesterday afternoon, and choppy yesterday morning. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow...hopefully.

Erik

I’m at SCC and doesn’t look good today. They’ve told us “check back at 10’ which some of us are taking as ‘have a fun day touring the island’. Seas have been rough since yesterday afternoon, and choppy yesterday morning. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow...hopefully.

Erik
Part of my daily morning ritual is going to the Cozumel webcams and looking, and sometimes listening, to conditions there. This morning there is a lot of wind noise in the audio feed, which does not bode well.

Dave, will they keep the port open if the wind is northeast? I thought they closed the port for anything north.

I fly in Wednesday and wind guru shows another system arriving late Friday. Hope it’s wrong.

Dave, will they keep the port open if the wind is northeast? I thought they closed the port for anything north.

I fly in Wednesday and wind guru shows another system arriving late Friday. Hope it’s wrong.
Port was closed last evening but has reopened this morning.

Back
Top Bottom