Cigar smokers...places for real Cubans in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As an avid Cigar smoker of about 10yrs ive bought more than my fair share of FAKES!!

Just wanted to drop this quick thread for those who are traveling to Mexico and want to smoke some Cubans.

99% of the Cubans in mexico are FAKE! Yes that includes the ones at the Duty Free shops, those are 100% fakes, all the time. Often times will have beetles in the boxes as well and the smokes (which are Mexican) will be bad.

Here is what ive found to have consistently LEGIT smokes always.

Cozumel: Palace Resorts (all of them get supplied by La Casa Del Habano) you will pay alot for them here though. Also Havana Club right near the ferry dropoff, also supplied by LCDH.

Playa Del Carmen: La Casa Del Habano. My personal favorite place in Mexico to hang out and smoke and buy my smokes. Great people and GREAT prices.

Cancun: La Casa Del Habano...again this company is based out of Havana and is legit. Independantly owned this location charges a bit more than the PLaya one. Also all of the PALACE resorts.

Puerto Vallarta: La Casa Del Habano...same chain, very overpriced in PV for some reason

Tijuana: La Casa Del Habano..new location, very pricey but close to the border for those of you who are daring.

Good luck! Happy smoking and Diving!

In Coz I always go to Habana Cigar Co. Luigi is great to deal with and usually throws in about $40 worth of free cigars. Of coarse this is after spending $300 so the free ones aren't really free but, it makes me feel better to get the free ones LOL.

Back
Top Bottom