Christmas 2011 for the Kids on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
If you are looking for a way to make a long term assist (plus a tax deduction), I can absolutely vouch for the way this operation is run. Our economy sucks here in the US, theirs has never been all that great to start with!

Learn more: Roatan Childrens Fund | Helping the children of Roatan

A few dollars via PayPal can go a very long way.
Picture5-6.png

I've been looking at that link for a week now, checking out the "Wish List". Seems pretty easy that if your on your way there for vacation, or to any of these low economy areas that you can pack some extra stuff if you have the room. I happen to know my dive bag will end up weighing about 40lbs for this upcoming trip, so about 9.9 lbs worth of stuff will be coming with me to donate. If it werent for having to double pay for checking in my bags for my trip down (14hour layover) I would of considered taking a second bag. The airlines greed, has turned into mine:(

Year end "Bumpity". It's tax deductible.

Year end "Bumpity". It's tax deductible.
So if was not tax deductible and one would not personally benefit then it is lesser of a good cause?? It is this ******* type of thing that f!!cks things up for those that just want to do the right thing, There is always some idiot that wonders if it actually benefits them.

What does it matter what the personal motivation is that triggers somebody to do something beneficial to the needy children on Roatan? You want to audit the donations and only give the children the ones that you deem were donated for reasons you find personally acceptable? It's about the kids right?

Last edited:
Do not be offended RTBDiver. Not my intension at all (and tax deductablity not top of mind). Many on this board are frequent contributors to RCF in many forms, not just $$, and not just this time of year. It is an organization that IS making a real difference. Since it is year end, I'm happy to promote giving to it regardless of each person's motivation. If anyone would like to know other ways to help this organization please DO contact Lynn at lynn@RoatanChildrensFund.com .

Have a nice day and New Year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom