Choosing the right dive school.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spardello

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello. I need help on choosing the right commercial dive school.I was looking into the Minnesota commercial diver training center in Brainerd Minnesota, because of their accelerated program and low cost compared to other dive schools. Has anyone ever attended, and could tell me if the program was thorough and safe? thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Never heard of it? Is it new?

Hello. I need help on choosing the right commercial dive school.I was looking into the Minnesota commercial diver training center in Brainerd Minnesota, because of their accelerated program and low cost compared to other dive schools. Has anyone ever attended, and could tell me if the program was thorough and safe? thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

I have no knowledge of this or any other commercial dive school, however, is a short program and low cost how you want to judge a diving school? Would you choose a sky diving school the same way? Or have your surgery done by a doctor who chose the accelerated program and low cost medical school?

Actually, I'm of the opposite opinion.
When it comes to Comm Dive School, choose the cheapest quickest method. I'd vote for the community college in Lousianna.

Here's why: When you get to the GoM, they don't give a rats ass how you did it in school. They are going to show you the proper way to do it. You need the cert, doesn't matter where the cert came from. It really doesn't. I've not met an Operation yet pick one candidate over another simply on which school they went to. They are picking the candidate on their background, their perceived work ethic, and do they look like a geek/nerd who's never had dirty hands.

But, I agree with Roastbeef. There's better ways to make money these days.
I make WAY more money selling insurance. School lasted 2 weeks. I'm home every night. :)

I would steer clear of them. Ive heard a few concerning issues. Either way you wont get very far without an ADC and ACDE card so make sure they are accredited through them.

Back
Top Bottom