Choosing a new mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88

Contributor
Reaction score
Singapore...(A nice city where i'm loving it!!)(".
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm now looking for a new mask and have narrowed down my choice to two mask : OMS ICU mask and the Atomic Sub-frame mask.
I was using a Mares X-vision until it started to leak so badly that i had to call a dive because of it(not the skirting).
I need your opinions...thanks:)

I have the new Atomic framelsss (low profile). I really like it. But the biggest issue is FIT. Make sure it fits you! Otherwise, a "great" mask is useless. :)

The only thing I can say what I really notice with the new Atomic mask is just how crystal clear it is. If you can, hold each mask over a white piece of paper. See if one is slightly green. The Atomic is not.

My mask does not strike me as heavy. It is certainly lighter the the standard volume mask that it replaced.

It really comes down to personal preference. Go with the one that makes you happy :)

Good luck - always like an excuse to go buy more gear :wink: Hope you're happy with what ever you choose.

I dive with the Atomic Subframe and it is quite low volume as it is. If that's a concern for you, I don't think this Atomis mask will cause you any trouble.

I recommend Scubapro flameless Mask less volume

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom