Choosing a BP/Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So after reviewing our options, I think we'll go with DSS-- I guess I thought that they were a supplier, not their own individual brand for some reason. Stuff looks high quality, and seems like the service will be great (Tobin--- you can expect a call soon!!!)

Thanks for all of your help!

You won't go wrong with DSS. And Tobin will make sure you get the setup that will work for you. It's the diligence with which he does that (sometimes to the annoyance of the customer, who is set on something that isn't optimal) that makes me recommend the company over and over again.

You won't go wrong with DSS. And Tobin will make sure you get the setup that will work for you. It's the diligence with which he does that (sometimes to the annoyance of the customer, who is set on something that isn't optimal) that makes me recommend the company over and over again.
Agreed, I've seen Tobin lose sales rather than making a somewhat unethical one and selling the customer something they will regret.

I thick all the suppliers make good gear. DSS, Halcyon, Oxycheq, Hollis, Dive Rite, Zeagle, OMS, Hammerhead etc. Some give better service and advice.

It's just a personal choice.

I chose Halcyon Infinity because it met my needs. Cinch system (easier to don), padding on shoulder straps and steel plate, 6 lbs. weight insert, integrated weights (I don't like weight belts).

It is the only one with all these features.

+1 on this.

I've been diving a DSS rig for a couple of months, and in that time, several very experienced and skilled divers have commented positively on the quality of my rig. This included divers who dive Halcyon, Dive Rite and OMS rigs.

+1 on this.

I've been diving a DSS rig for a couple of months, and in that time, several very experienced and skilled divers have commented positively on the quality of my rig. This included divers who dive Halcyon, Dive Rite and OMS rigs.

i dont think I've ever seen a DSS rig in person. I've never heard a bad thing about them though

the notion of spending $40+ dollars on a nylon piece of webbing with some clips and shiny pieces is absolutely LUDICROUS. hollis is all overpriced, don't care what you want to say. fins, masks, plates, wings, anything. too much money.

there are very few instances where i would recommend an aluminum backplate, other than to save yourself like $20... stainless steel backplate = less weight on the belt. you're diving singles, so don't buy more than a 30lb wing.

I agree with the SS backplate to help distribute the weight better, with less in the pouches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom