Choosing 2 out of these 3 dive sites: Glover's, Turneffe, or South Water Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splash Dive Center in Placencia is always my choice. I've dived with them for years so in the interest of full disclosure I should say that I've become good friends with Ralph and Patty, the owner/operators, as well as pretty much everyone else who works there, lol. ScubaBoard sponsors. Great shop. Boats range from small to big depending on what you want to do and where you want to go. They'll pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. You'll have a great time.

As far as places to stay, accommodations range from basic, like Sea Spray, to luxurious, like Turtle Inn and all points in between. I suggest you talk to Patty and get recommendations depending on your situation.

April tends to be a busy time there so it's best to reserve early if you can. You can always just wait until you get there, but you'll run the risk of them being fully booked.

If you don't hear back from them by email, then give them a call. Sometimes emails don't go through in Belize and a phone call is necessary to get things started.

Have fun! I'll be there in June.

Last edited:
I would rank them as Half Moon Caye, then Half Moon Caye and would add Glover's Reef. At Splash, we do not schedule trips to Turneffe as our guests prefer going to Lighthouse Atoll and Glover's over Turneffe. South Water Caye is an excellent destination with lots of dive sites with a wide range of terrain and high probability of seeing eagle rays.

It appears you're staying in Placencia and are only diving a couple of days with Splash? From the Splash web site it appears they dive the Elbow on Turneffe, Half moon and Long Caye walls. All of these are great dive sites. The post you are referring to never dove the Elbow and was exposed to one small portion of Turneffe because that is where the mooring sites are that the Aggressor can use. Nothing against the post, they reviewed what they saw. I've dove Glovers a number of times as well and each is good in it's own right. I haven't dove South Caye so I can't contribute to that. If I had to choose I'd go with Turneffe and Lighthouse, but if you can do one each day I'd go that route and experience a couple of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom