Choosing 2 out of these 3 dive sites: Glover's, Turneffe, or South Water Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PStrangerX

Registered
Reaction score
Which would you choose? I've seen lots of posts praising Turneffe, although the most recent trip report was decidedly down on it.

Prices are roughly the same for all 3, so we just want to choose the best 2 for our 2 dive days.

It appears you're staying in Placencia and are only diving a couple of days with Splash? From the Splash web site it appears they dive the Elbow on Turneffe, Half moon and Long Caye walls. All of these are great dive sites. The post you are referring to never dove the Elbow and was exposed to one small portion of Turneffe because that is where the mooring sites are that the Aggressor can use. Nothing against the post, they reviewed what they saw. I've dove Glovers a number of times as well and each is good in it's own right. I haven't dove South Caye so I can't contribute to that. If I had to choose I'd go with Turneffe and Lighthouse, but if you can do one each day I'd go that route and experience a couple of them.

Actually, right now we are leaning towards spending half the trip in Hopkins and the other half on Tobacco Caye. Still up in the air though. But if we did stay at Hopkins, we would probably dive with Hamansi and they go to Glovers, Turneffe, and South Water.

Thanks for the recommendation of Turneffe over Glovers. Good to know that both are pretty good options as well.

Can't go wrong with any of those three.

I would wait until you get there, assuming you stay at Hamanasi. They probably already have a schedule of where they're going so you may not have a choice.

Although I've only been to Turneffe, and Highly recommend it, of the other two options, I've only heard of (and very good things) Glover's. I can't believe you'd go wrong with any of the 3, but if limited to 2, definitely make sure Turneffe is one of them.

Enjoy your trip and an advanced Welcome to Belize!!!

While in Hopkins, Southwater Caye is pretty close. The small island next to SW has a great site with lots of fish. There are other good sites going south from there also.
From Tobacco, you’re much closer to Glovers.
But only two dive days? I would go to a resort on Glovers or Turneffe and get in 6 dives or so.
Or stay at Tobacco and dive around there. It’s in the SW Marine reserve.
The diving in the south is a lot the same. Nice walls. Same at Turneffe and Glovers. The Elbow can be all time but it has more fish in June to Sept.

We will be in Placencia 14-17 April 2018 and would like to dive 2 days. Any recommendations on who to use and where to stay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom