Choker Clip Solutions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a serious question for all of you that are actually using any type of choker system. I tried the ring bungge/choker system a time back and i could not get the top clipped worth a damn. with the clip so tight to the valve it was very difficult (as in impossible) for me to open the clip while trying to get it onto the ring. How are you able to manage this? Babyduck - be careful who you invite to "eat you"
I had Suicide clips so I used them. If you are more comfortable with butterfly clips, then use those. You are had the problem I had with any system out of the water. I tend to bend over and guide the ring into the suicide clips. I imagine I could do the same with proper clips but I need a system that a pitching boat won't ruin so I went to suicide clips so that I could guide the ring to a tank in the rank.

Speaking of suicide clips...

This is the right side tank and I want 5 ft hoses on each tank. 7 ft is just too much. The three bungees are all stabilized and are for hose control. I stole the small top bungee idea from Lamar. The 1 1/2" tank strap and the gauge are Dive Right. The regs are Hog and I have both left and right feeding Second Stages. I have my necklace that holds both regs so the hoses don't have to go around my neck.

I moved the inflator hose to the end of the reg freeing up real estate under the reg, making it easier to clip off.

SideMount_7_.jpg
SideMount_4_.jpg

SideMount_6_.jpg
SideMount_5_.jpg

SideMount_8_.jpg
SideMount_11_.jpg

SideMount_10_.jpg
SideMount_9_.jpg

Last edited:
don, that's exactly why we tried the butterfly clips. i really couldn't hold the ring and slide the boltsnap and hold it in place and hold the weight of the tank. the butterfly just slips in place. larry got tired of waiting for me to get the damn tanks on and hearing the ladylike discussions i was having with them. he's such a cherub boy, while i know lots of interesting phrases.

we're coming down next week - you coming to the social?

I actually have SS Butterfly clips that I have made a harness for. I don't normally use suicide clips, but I feel these are in an ultra protected and easy to see area. I used 10 gauge copper wire for the large suicide clips and 14 gauge copper wire for the butterfly clips. After I had them formed, I soldered them together to make them less likely to shift.

I tried the DR chokers and didn't like them. So I just tied some loops of cave line and put them over the valve. They're not adjustable, but they work fine and I have no problem opening the bolt snaps and clipping on.

don, that's exactly why we tried the butterfly clips. i really couldn't hold the ring and slide the boltsnap and hold it in place and hold the weight of the tank. the butterfly just slips in place. larry got tired of waiting for me to get the damn tanks on and hearing the ladylike discussions i was having with them. he's such a cherub boy, while i know lots of interesting phrases.

we're coming down next week - you coming to the social?

Nope, I am not going to be able to make it.

I tried the DR chokers and didn't like them. So I just tied some loops of cave line and put them over the valve. They're not adjustable, but they work fine and I have no problem opening the bolt snaps and clipping on.

Did you have them cinched up tight to the valve?

Did you have them cinched up tight to the valve?

Not all the way to the valve, but basically vertical or maybe a little tighter. Cave line tends to stretch out a bit over time, but it's cheap and easy to make more.

Speaking of suicide clips...

This is the right side tank and I want 5 ft hoses on each tank. 7 ft is just too much.

The three bungees are all stabilized and are for hose control. I stole the small top bungee idea from Lamar.

A couple of questions.

1. Do you find the reg facing you getting in the way with more than one tank per side?
2. What 's the top bungie for?
3. What is the thing the hose clamp is attached to?

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Not all the way to the valve, but basically vertical or maybe a little tighter. Cave line tends to stretch out a bit over time, but it's cheap and easy to make more.

I find the removable bands work better for when the tank is done and you just want to have it trail behind. It's too hard for me to do much with the top clip when it is bound, and I am trying to clip off to the the butt rails.

I find the removable bands work better for when the tank is done and you just want to have it trail behind. It's too hard for me to do much with the top clip when it is bound, and I am trying to clip off to the the butt rails.

I have no problem unclipping and then nose clipping a used tank. If you have trouble clipping into your buttplate, you might try adjusting the hose clamp upward to give you a little more tail at the bottom clip. I had that problem for a while.

I have no problem unclipping and then nose clipping a used tank. If you have trouble clipping into your buttplate, you might try adjusting the hose clamp upward to give you a little more tail at the bottom clip. I had that problem for a while.
(Getting a little more tail) Can you explain this?

Back
Top Bottom