Chino prison commercial diver training program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I guess I need to go to prison in CA and get my training for free. That way when I get out and finish training I can use my GI bill on other courses. I feel that I have earned with 6 deployments with over 49 months spent overseas. I do not like to the idea of this course getting outside support for people who in NO WAY earned anything in life. I have worked hard and spent my life trying to better my self and family. This is one of the major problems that face our country today, some people feel like they are entitled to everything with out lifting a finger to better them selfs. If I stand behind one more person who uses GOV "help" card to buy cigarets then get into a new car I will loose it. So these are the guys I have to compete against when I complete school and after spending 12k or more on gear and having to up root my family and move.

WOW!!!! I guess I have been living under a rock all my life to think I need to work for what I have and want!!!!

So youd rather spend 450k over 10 years where the person comes back to jail, rather than 45k once to get them out of the public system?

The root of the problem I see people have here is "I deserve 45k, instead of you" and then you completely overlook the 405k saved (not spent) on that prisoner in the long run..

I guess someone needs to kick you door in and steal everything you have worked for all your life. That will be the only way you see what the issue with this program/idea.

I dont feel that people who are willing to steal everything you have and do you wrong just because that "have it harder" should get a full free ride.

Im proud of what I have done in my 12 years in the Army and that I have been able to provide a very nice life for my wife and son with out the need to do things that hurt other people.

But I guess I want to live the life as a commercial diver and this is just one more thing I need to climb over to prove my self. At least if I want to a get a job that requires a security clearance I will not have any competition from the guys out of this program.

Well heres the deal..
If 7% of the guys out of this program will committ a crime again and 70% of those not in the progam will comitt a crime again and end up back in jail.

Now thats;
1. 90% less relapse to "kicking your door in and robbing you" - I didnt serve for as long as you, but I did serve in live ops so I know they might have a surprise if they try that - but that aside..
2. A massive reduction in cost of keeping them in jail. If even for ONE extra year, it cuts the cost almost in half.
3. Obviously not everyone qualify for such a programme so its not gonna be 2 million new commercial divers sent out of there..

The only question I have is how many people graduate this program. Then lets look at the the 7% thing and take it from there. I want to see hard numbers of this. I can make 7% look really good in a lot of things if I want.

Tigerman, and your from Norway and we all know how well your justice system works after killing a large group of people and defending your self in court.

hey tigerman...

just a question.... what does a bully do when you "pay them off"??

i see something severely wrong with your concept of literally paying a criminal off so they wont return to prison... whereas the law abiding citizens such as ourselves must fight hell and high water to have the same opportunities that they are being handed on a silver platter... i dont mind them getting rehabilitated.. but they must give back to society after rehabilitation.. not leech of it and then go on to earn money on top of it

The only question I have is how many people graduate this program. Then lets look at the the 7% thing and take it from there. I want to see hard numbers of this. I can make 7% look really good in a lot of things if I want.

Tigerman, and your from Norway and we all know how well your justice system works after killing a large group of people and defending your self in court.

1. First of all, thank you for your service to our country.

2. You're wrong and tigerman explained the simple mathematics to you in post #62

3. Your insulting other's countries does nothing to improve your arguments.

4. I'm an American diver too, and there's several thousand more of us here -- if you're going to wear that moniker you really ought to try to honorably represent it in all the forums in which you participate.

Are any of you commercial? or just dive for fun on the weekends? After spending 20k and school 6k on a hat and 5k more on gear I don't think I should have to compete with people who &#*$ed over normal people to land a job. But thats just me and for all the liberals on this thread I'm sorry you all feel this way and good luck diving on the weekends.

Are any of you commercial? or just dive for fun on the weekends? After spending 20k and school 6k on a hat and 5k more on gear I don't think I should have to compete with people who &#*$ed over normal people to land a job. But thats just me and for all the liberals on this thread I'm sorry you all feel this way and good luck diving on the weekends.
If you can't compete on the job front with someone who came out of prison with a skill and no money, no hat, no gear, well ... perhaps that 20K was not as well spent as it might have been.

Even if only 100 people get to get the 45k education, that means 93 of them wont return, instead of 30. thats 63*45k=2,835k saved for a ONE YEAR extra stay in prison..

I can tell you how our justice system works in that specific case and you wont like it as the sentence he got was in effect a prison sentence with no upper limit as to time served..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom